In the name of nationalism

“This is my reflection on a recent project. We did called “In the name of nationalism.”

This was a project we did to introduce us to the project. We are doing now World War I. Before we learned about World War I we needed to know what nationalism was after. We learn a bit about nationalism. We made a YouTube video about it.

The process to start we had to make six questions about nationalism, using the who what where when and how

Who ~ who had the most involvement in French nationalism?

What ~ what was the main cause of nationalism?

Where ~where was the biggest change seen throughout France?

When ~ when did nationalism gain popularity in France and become a big thing?

Why ~ Why is the idea of a united French identity so important to the people there?

How ~ how does France see the impact today

I answered all these questions in a video that I worked on I had to use visuals, creativity, and. I practised my editing skills throughout and got more familiar with learning how to find reliable sources

My video was about French nationalism because I find the history of France interesting and many significant events in France led to nationalism all over Europe.

In the process of our video, we started to watch other YouTube videos about history to get inspiration to see what we liked and didn’t like about these videos. We also needed to look at reliable sources to get information other than just Wikipedia.

1. What information did you find interesting within this video?
  • the information about key figures
  • The importance of French identity for French people
  1. Did you learn anything about history from this video?

– I learned about 2 historical figures I had never heard of

1. What techniques were used that helped enhance this video?
  • Map
  • Animation
  • Interesting visuals

3) Then we began our research. We also watched some other people’s YouTube videos on Nationalism to get inspiration. After watching people’s videos and looking at the pros and cons so we know what works and what doesn’t so we don’t make the same mistake as them, we were ready to start writing our script. I found this quite easy because I pretty much just put my research into my own words and added some tweaks.

4) Finally, I started finding media to go with my dialogue to make it more engaging and interesting to watch for the audience. Something that I learned is really important to add is a good hook at the beginning of your video. This will ensure that your audience will keep watching the video and not just scroll through it to the next one. Then I got started on filming and then all that was left to do was edit, do some peer critique and upload to YouTube. Here is my finished video:

In Conclusion, I enjoyed this project and I learned a lot about Nationalism specifically American nationalism. I can now say that I have demonstrated a complete understanding of the cause and consequence relationship, as well as immediate/underlying causes and Immediate long-term consequences communicated a complete story and incorporated engaging visuals that compliment the script well.

Thank you!