How it started how it’s going summative blog post

For this blog post we were supposed to reflect on the how it started/how it’s going project in humanities.

For the project we created a meme about a modernized old panting or drawing. I picked a picture from the Renaissance by Albrecht Dürer. Next I had to make the drawing reflect me and my worldview, so I put my face on the  panting, my favourite shoes and hat, and put modern things into it. I put a paint gun in for a weapon and an iPhone timer instead of an hourglass. I think I did well because I put in a bit of things into the painting without changing what it means. I think I could have made the things I put in look like part of the panting even more. Here are what I did for the milestones:

For Milestone 1 we made a meme about how we felt at the start of the PLP year compared about how we felt later in the year. I felt happy because I used Monty Python jokes for my meme.

for Milestone 2 we had to create a MindNode collage about our worldview and how it affects our life. I liked this milestone because it was easy how easy and fast it was to make it, and I felt like I learned about how I could talk about my worldview.

for Milestone 3 we had to write a test about how one aspect of worldview affects the way we see the world. I think the test went well but it could have gone better if I wasn’t as pressured to do well.  I like thinking about things and writing on my own time.

for Milestone 4 we had to create a worldview collage in book creator and make a statement about what you chose. I liked this milestone because it was easy and I pretty much knew what I was going to put down. I chose the shape of a lightbulb for my ideas and picked different pictures and coloured them for an infographic kind of collage.

for Milestone 5 we had to create a how it started (original art) and how it is going (modernized art). This milestone took some thinking because I had to think about how I can make the art kinda seem like it is in modern times.

In total this project was fun and hard at the same time because there were times when it was difficult to complete a milestone and there were times when it was fun and exiting and I blasted my way through a milestone.

I like how my group looked into history then made original art using our own worldviews and technology. I found it exiting seeing our art in a museum for the public to see.

Here are the link for the museum and exhibition guide:

museum

exhibition guide

Thanks for reading my blog and have a great weekend!