🧟‍♀️ Rise of the Franken-Stuffies! 🧟‍♀️

Rise of the Franken-Stuffies! That was the name of the project that PLP 9 has been working on for the past few weeks. In my opinion this was one of the most fun project that we have ever done. Our driving question for this project was, ‘How can we as writers, make our message clear and engaging to our audience?’ As you know, everything that we do in PLP is public, so we do have a very big audience. This project helped understand how to answer this driving question. The first thing we had to do was create our characters. We got to make our own Frankenstein-stuffie’s by disassembling and re-assembling different parts from different stuffies to form one FRANKEN-STUFFIE!! Then, with the characters that we now had, we created a story that follows the heroes journey storyline. You can see my heroes journey story line, as well as my franken-stuffie below.

Once we had this outline, we chose one part of the storyline to write in detail. I chose the Tests, Allies, and Enemies Part 1. I chose this part to write, because it was easier to add some of the backstory as explanation and still show some conflict/climax to make it interesting. I struggled a lot when deciding which part to choose, and wrote several drafts of several parts. Eventually I chose the draft that I liked the most, and decided to grow it. After hours of brainstorming, battling writers block, and several drafts, here is my final story.

You know how some books gets turned into movies or tv shows? Well that was the second part of our project. Taking the stories that we wrote of our Franken-stuffies, we brought our visions to life through the power of cinematography and technology. I did not enjoy the editing part of this, especially since it took me several hours to perfect. From putting the clips together, and finding the right transitions, to the music, volume, and sound effects. I’m a perfectionist, so this probably would have taken me less time if I wasn’t so obsessed with making everything perfect. But the video definitely wouldn’t have turned out as well as it did. Of course I know that it can be better, but for my level of CapCut editing and keynote animations, this turned out better than I thought it would. I present to you my final draft of the video, after the long and grueling process of making it!

Now that I have done all of this, I think I know how to answer this driving question. I think that we can make our message clear and engaging to our audience by using many different methods. In this project we made massage clear through media, detailed writing, and this blog post! Hopefully my message was clear enough for my audience. To prove this, I would like the people reading to visit the padlet link here and leave some feedback! Happy writing!