this is our most recent project. In this project we learnt a lot about advertising and mass media. I think that “the medium is the message” is our biggest project yet, and probably the longest.

For the first keystone we had to interview our parents about certain parts of advertising and what they think of it. It was cool to see how my parents’ perspectives were different about media.

For the second keystone we had to make a chart listing about different types of advertisements and how they present themselves in ads. We learnt stuff about Pathos, Ethos and Logos and other stuff like that. We had to choose a bunch of different types of ads, Ex: video ads or web ads. And we had to talk about who their target audience was and a bunch of other things.

For the last keystone we made ads for a business that we interviewed in Oregon. We had to incorporate their logo and the color that our business groups decided on.

We also had to make a bunch of drafts for our ads.

My first draft:

On my first draft I received a lot of feedback from my peers and my teachers. I was told that the wolf didn’t seem to be the main focus of my ad and that it needed to be bigger. Also that the ad needed to have more shades of color.

My second draft:

On my second draft I didn’t receive as much feedback but I was told that I should change around the colours a bit.

My last draft:

I think that my last draft was pretty good but I think it looks more like a poster then an ad and it wasn’t exactly what I wanted it to be.

In all we got to learn a lot about how advertisements are created and all the thought and logic behind them.