Who much power can “I’m sorry” really hold?

Welcome back!

First blog posts of the year! Anyways..

Our class just realty completed a project titled “ology of apology”

We used this project opportunity to learn lots about; the value of apologizes, how to properly apologize, “actions are more powerful then words”, what on earth “unjust” means, Japanese interment, Komagata Maru, and of course how the new avatar movie “Avatar Way Of Water” connects to any of that.

To go back in time a little bit. We stared this project way back in November.

The first month I would say (couple weeks) were just  a lot of learning and understanding. We watched lots of videos/documentaries, read lots of articles and wrote a lot of “write ups”

we first stared with an in-depth analysis of the youtube video about “British  Columbias untold history”

With the video, of course came the analysis

That video was one of the most informative videos I’ve seen on BC’S history. I recommend!

Next, we learned about and understood the true definition if the word “unjust”

according to Google the definition for unjust is as followed:

With that we started out next analysis on the interment of Ukraines in Canada and took a look into wether or not we though it was unjust.

After that we got right into the “final project prep”

First we were given a topic to extensively research and understand. There were three possible topics.

I picked Japanese interment. I could not tell you why, all three topics are very informative and there is lots of valuable knowledge to gain from all of them.

With our chosen topic in mind we went of the journey to find our primary sources

and with those primary sources we create a keynote timeline presentation.

once that was rainbow worthy,

off to the audio segment!

Steps to making an audio recording:

1.  Write script stating; why (insert your topic) was unjust and your evidence to back up your statement
  2. Read it over to identify any spelling error and to make sure it has “flow” and that it sounds like something you would say.
  3. present it to a classmate and receive feedback
  4. if feedback was received act of that feedback
  5. submit to teacher to get the script approved
  6. once approved, get to recording! Make sure you are hydrated, speaking at a moderate volume and pace and speak with confidence.

And once all of that was complete, just guess what came next?…

Un(fortunately) I left to Australia during the week of all the planning, construction,  and preparation.

Australia was amazing. During Australia, Me and my mom saw lots of fish, turtles, bushes turkeys and cool birds and spiders! I tough myself a whole math unit and I sketched up my final monument.

I hope one day we’ll have the opportunity to go to Australia on a field study  🤞

Once I returned I was right back in school the next morning, (well not really).  The day after i arrived home was the last day of school for winter break, and to celebrate all of PLP went to park royal theatre and watched the new avatar movie, “Avatar Way OF Water” . I was lucky enough to come home just in time!  I felt very strange being in a movie theatre at 8:30 in the morning but it was totally worth it

The movie was beautiful, I acually went into the theatre without any previous knowledge of pandora or the avatars or the sky people but I grasped the concept pretty quickly !

has to be one of my new favourite movies

Once the movie was over (3H later…) we were done school for the year!

In full reflection, this project was fun, I enjoyed it. I feel like if I were to have stayed and participated in the exhibition  I would have a better connected between Japanese interment and the new avatar movie but I did have a couple class mates explain their perspectives on the connection and now I feel well informed!

Well that concludes the first blog post of the year!

I hope you learned something new and are at this moment finding out when your local theatre is playing “Avatar Way OF Water”!

Hannah 🥖🧈🥞🥨🥖🍞