Middle Ages presentations reflection

Hello! I’m Hazel, and welcome back to my blog! Today, I’ll be talking about my Middle Ages presentations. You may be like “ why did you make these presentations? “ and that’s why I’m here to tell you exactly why!

One day, i was sitting in class. And my teacher was like “ this other class that’s on an island needs to learn about the Middle Ages and you’re going to teach them via your own presentations “ and then I was like “ whoa hold your horses, we don’t even know anything about the Middle Ages! How are we supposed to make presentations to teach OTHER people about them? “ and then my teacher again was like “ I’ll teach you. “ and then we went through a whole course of things that happened during Middle Ages, like the feudal system and the crusades. And so, we learned. Most of what I had learnt came from my teacher, though some came from finding it out myself via google search. Now we’re passing it on to other people, who will eventually pass it on to other people, and so on. Now that you know what I’m doing and why I’m doing it, we can start!

Now, the first thing we did was the feudal system. The feudal system was a type of way of living that existed long ago, and they were basically small towns that were owned by mini-kings ( lords ), and they would rule it and take the peoples money so that they could live there. Not everyone in the Middle Ages lived like this, but many did, because it was easier to buy and sell crops, cattle and goods. Downsides to living like this were the massive amounts of feces laying around in the streets, and eventually, the plague. The plague hit hardest in the feudal cities, because everyone was all bunched up into groups. Many people died during this time, and most of them lived in feudal cities. But, enough about what happened during the feudal system. Let’s start talking about what I did during the feudal system assignment! This was basically how it was set up :

The feudal system diagram

The church and kings

The lords and barons

Knights and peasants

The town

Law and order

My personal favourite out of all of these is the town segment of the presentation. It really represents what I know about the feudal system and also represents my drawing skills very well. I also really like the crowd shown in the piece, showing how crowded and flooded it was during the Middle Ages in small towns like the one represented in the image. I also really loved the diagram, which tells a kind of story, even though it’s just a still image. Though, I feel as if I could have added more colours and details. And improved on the law and order segment. It sucks, because I was really looking forward to drawing the law and order part. If I had done all these things, it would’ve probably been one of the best Middle Ages presentation ever made!

Now, onto the Crusades part of the assignment. I loved a lot about the presentation, but I do have certain favourites! But before this, allow me to do the same thing I did last above, put it into a list.

Who was involved?

Why did it happen?

When did it happen?

Where was it?

Why did they do this?

What happened afterward?

How did it affect everyone?

Now, out of all these, the when did it happen part is definitely my favourite. I love the simplicity of the slide and the slideshow all together. But, I think that I should have added more to the drawings, because they look a little last minute. I also think that I could add a little more colour, to make it really pop.

Overall, I think that I did pretty well on the project. But, there is a lot of room for improvement. I think that I could have definitely improved on the spelling and grammar in the text. It’s mostly great, but there are some mistakes that might throw the reader off. I also think, for both of the presentations, I could add more details like shading and colouring, I find that the colours in the presentation are great and match the theme, but there could be more colours in general to make the background and scene more busy.

Well, I think that’s it! Thank you for reading through my very long, but very interesting presentation.