Over the past couple of months, our class has been immersed in a project titled “Storm the Barricades.” This project focused on examining historical revolutions and evaluating their effectiveness. My group was tasked with the assignment of researching the American Revolution.

To begin, we simulated the beginning of a revolution. This gave all of us a chance to experience firsthand the emotions and actions that often drive people to seek change. We then conducted research on the American Revolution, gathering information from various sources such as websites and YouTube videos and podcasts.

Using this research, we started to create a graphic organizer to outline the key points and topics of the revolution. We also determined whether or not the revolution was effective. In our case, we found that the American Revolution was not effective in bringing about the desired changes.

To share our findings with the other group, we created a document outlining the reasons for our conclusion and presented it to the other group who are for the American Revolution. We also acted out a mock court case, in which I played a role of Thomas Jefferson, to further explain and defend our stance.

Firstly, revolutions often bring down big or small empires and change big or small societies by using various tactics, such as civil disobedience, protests, and armed conflict, to challenge and overthrow the existing government or political system. These tactics can be successful in bringing about change because they disrupt the normal functioning of society and create a sense of instability, which can pressure the government to make concessions or even be overthrown. Revolutions can also inspire other people around the world to seek change in their own societies, leading to a ripple effect of social and political transformation. Ultimately, the successs of a revolution in bringing down an empire and changing society depends on a variety of factors, including the strength of the revolutionary movement, the level of support it has among the population, and the resources and tactics used by the government to suppress the revolution.

Reflecting on the project, I found it to be a very enjoyable and engaging experience. The simulation was a highlight for me and was unlike any other assignment I’ve completed in school. Working in a group was also a positive aspect of the project, as it allowed for the sharing of ideas and a division of tasks. However, I do wish I had stayed more focused and on task during the project, as I found myself getting sidetracked by other activities because I was given a group with 5 of my close friends I’m not saying it’s my teacher’s fault but mine for not changing groups and realizing how bad it could be fro my mark.

The graphic organizer we created was a very helpful tool for condensing and organizing the large amount of information we gathered during our research and finding the more important information. It allowed us to easily seee the main points and understand the key concepts of the revolution. Overall, this project has given me a greater appreciation for the complex process of bringing about social and political change through revolution.