Tpol 2023

I will start this required reflection with a required declaration 

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner. 

This year was my second year of PLP and it was a wild ride. From the Alberta trip to the Avatar themed Winter exhibition, project to project, revision to revision, I experienced an intake of valuable knowledge. When I started the year, I was still figuring out how to successfully approach projects and our first project, the geography of the west and its history, was a challenge. It took a great deal of brain power to successfully approach the project to create my e-book. This project taught me  about what I would need to improve over this school year, time management and eliminating distractions, and helped to start my current process of knowledge intake and reflection. Looking back on my past projects, from my fake instagram posts in science  to my poster at the exhibition in humanities I have improved in my work quality and organization of assignments. I still hope to improve whenever possible as there is always room for improvement.

“Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”-Henry Ford

This year I learned a broad variety of topics. As I learned all this, “I failed”. I had some major setbacks with time management and trying to intake more subject knowledge than possible or ever needed. I slowly have improved though and kept on flanking the task at hand. Next year, I hope to focus more on assessing work to increase the efficiency and quality of the assignment and in turn the knowledge intake. 

Goals I had and my learning plan

I had many goals this year over a broad set of topics and habits. I started the year aiming for full profile 4s and rainbows in all classes and a better set of learning habits. When I got to my mpol I was extremely overwhelmed and a decent chunk of my work not up to standard. I made the adjustment of lowing small portions of my goals that where the most challenging and lowered them including decreasing the amount of profile 4s and lowering some of my grade goals. I also adjusted my habit goals to focus more on improving attention span. I don’t know how but I have definitely surpassed my expectations for myself and my work. 

Next year I look forward to improving myself, my mentality, my work and my knowledge intake. My main focus is to start the year out with a better plan for myself to intake what parts of my learning can be pushed further past my boundaries, comfort zone and expectations. I want to intake a deeper understanding of what topic is at hand and extend my work and creativity. I plan to use a more positive approach instead of my current method of controlled chaos with an extra dose of dopamine. I strive to be more cohesive in my work and creativity.

Why I’m ready for grade 10

I am ready for grade 10 because of many things. I have learned, improved, refined, and re-approached many things this year. I believe that I have improved my work in more ways than I though I could. I have completely thrown all my expectations for myself this year that I personally do not even know how. I am more proud of my work than ever and reflecting back on this year I am happy with what I have accomplished and improved this year. I can’t wait to learn more next year as learning is one of my favourite things to do (apart from gaming and reading). Grade 10 for me will allow me to push my boundaries and expand on my experience, knowledge, skills, creativity and more (I don’t want to list everything, we would be here all day). Above all it means I can continue my path through school and keep going down the path of my life as a clump of quarks and electrons that form me.