Renaissance Innovations!

My Triptych

We have learned about the many innovations that were created during the Renaissance from Europe and Asia and the vast impact they have had on our world today. Technology, writing, culture, and medicine was influenced by information, inventions and thoughts that were created and brought up during the renaissance. These creations have changed many peoples lives and have has a big impact on technology and its growth. I really wanted to focus on lenses when creating my triptych because they are very important in cameras, iPhones, iPads, telescopes, and much more. Lenses have improved science and have helped expand medicine and photography. Left panel New ideas in the renaissance have changed the world by having a big impact on new technologies and medicine. I chose to add glasses to my left panel because one of the many innovations that was created was the lens. The lens has had a big impact on cameras, telescopes, and microscopes, and has changed photography and science all over the world. In the Background of my left panel in my triptych I showed the 95 theses by Martin Luther to represent hand printing, an old clock, and very outdated medical tools to show the improvement of medicine and new medical techniques. Right panel While making the right panel I focused on trying my best to really show what people used before the lens was created. I showed someone from the renaissance looking through a crystal at a piece of paper. Before the lens was created people used crystals to magnify text. In the background of my left panel of my triptych I showed a sun dial, pen and paper, and more old medical tools. For this panel we had to add inventions or things that were used before the renaissance. I found that the innovations was most easily displayed by putting them almost in a museum like way on shelves and the showing my main idea on an easel up front. Middle panel For the middle panel in my triptych I had to display how the inventions that were created in the renaissance by showing new inventions. I Chose to show this by using a canon camera to show how the lens has changed not just cameras but photography. In the background of the centre panel, I also showed a digital clock, a computer, and new modern medical tools. These helped represent how these innovations have had a big impact on modern technology and how they have improved overtime. Overall, I think that these innovations have changed and influenced the world in many ways. Without Inventions that were created in Europe and Asia we would not have the technology and medicine we have today. These have influenced culture, education, and science and will continue to do so.

During this project about innovations from Europe and Asia, I learned a lot more about the innovations we have today and what new ideas were brought up during the renaissance.  These innovations have had a large impact on our world influencing lots of the technology, science, and art we see today. Something that I have taken away from this project is that without those ideas and thoughts being brought up during the renaissance we would not have things today like the camera, iPhone, digital printing, and clocks. I created my own triptych by finding and creating pieces of art from the renaissance and adding a photo of me too it. I used the app super impose to help me bring each panel together. We made these triptychs to show our learning of the renaissance and the many ideas that where created and how they have developed over time. Some of the apps we used during this project was Superimpose X, Things, Craft, and Calendar. We took all of our notes in craft and used calendar to organize our project timeline. It was fun to explore and experiment with new apps, they were very helpful.   This project was very fascinating, I learned a lot more about the renaissance and its impacts.