My Transitional presentation of Learning! 🤟🏼

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

Finally its the end of the year and I feel like a completely different person than when I first started PLP. I have learned so much and was able to grow my skills and experience so many new things. I want to share the highlights and lowlights of my year and how I was able to improve myself as a learner. To start off I want to look at my learning plan from way back at the beginning of the year. One thing I really wanted to work on this year was sharing my thoughts and opinions with my classmates and being able to speak up in class. I struggled with presenting and Sharing my work with others a lot in elementary school. This past year has really pushed me to step outside my comfort zone and many projects and class activity’s have helped me become more comfortable when speaking. 

Science 

Maker, humanities, and science have all been very beneficial for me. I have learned a lot about myself. Like its important that I take breaks when I’m working, keeping a healthy schedule is key, and focus mode can really come in handy when working on my iPad. This year I was able to build a healthy work ethic and make sure I was focused and on track. One project that really stands out to me when I mention focus is my coding Project in science. When I first heard about this project I was super nervous. I don’t know much about tech and coding, and even though we used basic coding software I struggled to stay focused. The project took over a week to complete and I think that I was really able to overcome a mental block. I eventually figured it out and realized that just because something is hard doesn’t mean its impossible and you cant accomplish it. In the end I was really proud of my project and it was a big learning curve for me. 

Link to the video game! ➡️ https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/842254333/fullscreen/

Maker

Maker this year was a really interesting class, I had a lot of fun experimenting with my iPad. I got to know photography better and explore with new types of media. I learned more about the style of work that I tend to stick too, I am a very creative person and like to express that through my work. One project I want to highlight was my Avatar project for the winter exhibition. I struggled with this project my initial idea was to create a projector and show photos of local forests. That project did not work out so I only had a couple of days to come up with a new project. In the end I had the tree of souls displayed and i showed its connections with other trees underneath. I wouldn’t say that I was very proud of this project, but I did learn a valuable lesson. I learned that failing is ok, just because you don’t succeed doesn’t mean you wont and cant. You have to be able to look back on your work, find what went wrong and revise and improve.

Humanities 

The project I want to talk about for humanities is “The Medium is the message.” When I first heard we were creating advertisements I was really excited and looking forward to the creative process of the project. I forgot more about the critical thinking and the interviewing part of the project. After we collected all of our information and had interviewed our business it was time to start planning out our layout and theme. After I created my first draft I went around asking friends, family and teachers for feedback and critique. This was the longest part of this process because it took multiple drafts and multiple weeks to make my final copy. From this project I learned many different kinds of advertising appeals and techniques and how to use them effectively. I also learned more about my business and how important it is to help our ecosystem and the wildlife. My takeaway is that the longer the process the more quality work you will have.

Overall, this year has been incredible and I cant wait for next year. My answer the driving question “Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?” I know that I am ready to advance to the next grade level because this year I have not just learned more about myself as learner but myself as a person. I have developed healthy work work habits to carry on next year. And most importantly I have FAILED. I have learned that not getting something first try is ok it’s just my first attempt in learning. I hope to continue to grow my skills and improve my self as a PLP learner.

Thank you for listening to My transitional presentation of learning! See you next year! 

0 comments