Photography journey

In this project we learned all about photography.

I really wanted to learn how to be a good photographer because I loved taking pictures while I bike. But all the photos I have taken have not been good so I wanted to learn angles and everything about it.

The first thing we did was learn about the rule of thirds. The rule of thirds is the grid when you take a picture. When you line up the lines of the grid with what your taking a picture of you’ll come out with the best shot. I also learn in that lesson that you never put your subject in the middle of your shot. It is easier on the person looking at the photo if there eyes can go in a perfect line from the subject to the corners of the photo instead of their eyes having to go in every direction from the centre of it. But sometime you do want to line up the subject in the centre if there is no background or you want symmetry in your photo. When you look at the two photos you will find that the first one is much easier to look at.

here is an example:

Good

bad

We also learned how to use and adjust the lighting in a photo. And we learned how to use all the affects in camera roll which actually surprisingly useful to make the photo pop. Next we did this fun activity where you had to take pictures around the school of letters in your name. Then you would take that to keynote and add a background and a bit of drawings.

this is what I made:

Next we worked on making our own gif and I chose a gif that zoomed into my face and i had extremely messy hair to add to it. This was a little hard to do because I had never made a gif before and the alignment was a little difficult to get right, but otherwise I think I did pretty good.

The result:

Messy hair gif

The next assignment was supposed to show some sort of object in motion and I decided to use my friend jumping off a rock as a photo. I spent a while editing it and then deleted the edits because they didn’t look good.

here it is:

thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Bye.