Loon Lake Learning Advance

Hello again! This blog post is all about my school trip to loon lake.

When we got to Loon Lake we got our bags and headed to the amphitheater to do our first assignment. Our first assignment was to walk in a forest loop with a group of four people, and look for items on a sheet. The items we were looking for were a pinecone, a twig, a leaf, a flower, animal tracks, and a squirrel. There were also extra pictures you could take like a scenic shot, which is a picture of something beautiful, and an action shot, which you had to take a picture of you or your friend doing an action.

Scenic shot

We found all of the items except for the animal tracks and the squirrel, because it was cold out and all of the animals were someplace warm. But the walk still was fun and beautiful. Then we got assigned to our room and set up all of our stuff. Next we set off to eat a awesome dinner containing lasagna and mashed potato’s. After dinner we all met in our advisory groups, my group sat by a wood fire and reflected on the day, we also wrote a compliment to anyone you wanted, either if it was about their hair, or what they could’ve done nice to you. After advisory groups we went to the gym to split into evening fun groups of your choice, one group was playing a 3v3 basketball tournament in the gym (my group), another group was chilling in the lounge, and the final group was watching the olympics in the cabins.

Once evening fun was finished we got to our cabins and had about an hour and a half to do whatever we wanted. When the hour and a half was finished we had wind down which was brushing our teeth, and getting ready for bed. The schedule was the same in the evenings for all of the days we were there. I think I succeeded in all of the evening activities everyday because I participated and did my best in all of them. We woke up everyday at 7:30 and got ready for breakfast. All the mornings were the same until 10:00, after breakfast we got back to our cabins and got ready for the day. At 10:00 o’clock you set off to whatever activity you had scheduled for you. Some of the programs were outside activities like building a shelter, or even laser tag, battle archery, and capture the flag.  Sorry about the picture being sideways I couldn’t figure out how to turn it.

Others were doing inside activities like working on our destination imagination project with our group, and learning activities about the renaissance. I left the trip one day early because I had an upset stomach, I left just before battle archery so that really sucked.

Thank You for reading my blog! Bye!