Making Interesting Images.

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog post about the Making Interesting Images project! For this project, we learned how to take different types of photos from different angles. I really loved the way that we were allowed to take photos of whatever we wanted to, which allowed for a lot of customization. 

The point of this project was to let us play around with our camera app and photo editing, and also to make us better photographers. Our task was to create still images that could tell a story, and really immerse the viewer into the photo. We had the opportunity to take portraits, landscapes, and even just pictures of everyday objects. The difference was the angles. We took everyday things and got to turn them into interesting images, which was then assignment.

The three skills that I learned that I found the most useful were probably learning how to use photoshop, where to place your subject on your screen, and how to create emotions through taking meaningful photos. I think that photoshop is an incredibly useful tool when it comes to PLP, because it really lets us work on our projects to the fullest degree. Learning how to be a good photographer is important because taking pictures is something that everyone does, no matter the reason. Learning how to take affective pictures is not just a skill for school, it’s a life skill.  Learning how to show emotions through your work is something that is very valuable, as it lets the audience connect with your creations.

Finally, I would like to talk about how the project really played out. We mostly spent the whole time trying to figure out what to take pictures of, and how to adjust our camera settings. In the end, it was a fun project that we all got to spend doing with our friends. Thank you for reading, and have a great day!