mPoL ‘23

mPoL ‘23

Thank you for taking the time to come to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.

Humanities

This year in humanities, I wanted to focus on becoming better at writing descriptively to tell interesting and immersive narratives to multiple audiences. I have worked on this by completing assignments in the Performance learning program.

Some assignments I am proud of are

Some projects I wasn’t happy with were

• My final presentation for the Middle AgesI didn’t like my wording, and the lack of media and creativity in slide creation and good comparisons today made it seem boring and not useful to someone today.
  • My second role for the outsiders projectI believe if I tried, I would have been able to make a much better final product, and made it much more useful to myself, and my group.

Maker

This year in maker, I wanted to become more adept in use of physical technologies, specifically, typing, with a goal of 50 WPM, and drawing, with no set goal. I’ve worked on drawing a little bit, mainly outside of class, and have started typing regularly because of PLP.

Some assignments I am proud of are

• Finding fun with drawing skillThis was probably the most fun out of all 4 skills, and I think I created a pretty in depth logo.
  • Winter exhibition 2022 This was my first ever exhibition, and was a bunch of fun. We made boxes, and a theme statement to go with it. My theme statement was “Forced advancement of technology due to climate change, specifically interstellar capabilities.”

A maker project I didn’t like was

• Big Life Journal