Week 4 in the books. This was the craziest by far, having to make our whole episode start to finish. Carrying-out my interview with Ransford Brempong, I came out with more than enough valuable information. Not only was being proactive necessary for getting things done on time but I also had to create new strategies to work faster. With only a week and a half left to go, the latter half of the project was essential to the progress.

Interviewing Ransford on Monday, I decided to double record the interview in case something went wrong, a thing I have learnt from previous projects. Organizing audio takes so much time doing it linearly and I work way better organizing text. I decided to use an audio-to-text app called “Otter” to better visualize what he was saying. I decided what I needed to cut, making it fluid and then arranging the audio afterwards. This new way I approached the interview made me learn much more about the things Ransford was saying. I will talk more about this in my summative blog post for this project but that was a sneak peek at what I did.

Editing and mixing is understated how important it is and not spending enough time on it can result in a choppy, uninteresting podcast. Using GarageBand to edit, I learnt many interesting skills I hadn’t priory used. The main two; EQs and track editing provided, helpful in the creation of the episode. In the “learner central” folder in Basecamp, we were taught the importance of editing a story, mixing and when to use audio.

Exploring new tools throughout GarageBand I used the skills learnt from class, replicated to my episode. I first found out how to properly add a plug-in on IOS to get more features for the EQ levels. Though there is a built-in visual EQ in GarageBand, it doesn’t allow precise details so I downloaded an app called LRC5. This allowed me to get the phone noise feedback to minimize. Another cool feature I found is in the reverb section which had an ambience setting.