I am not scared.

Not scared of death, of life, of failing. Not scared of getting hopes up but then dragging them back down with me. Not scared that the ones that I love I will drag down too. I am not scared of becoming irrelevant, just another soul floating around in a vast world without purpose. I am not scared of the inevitability that one day we will embark on the one journey that you cannot in any way prepare for. Oh wait..  I lied!

But this fear keeps me from falling, dissapoiting, dragging down the ones I love, it keeps me from becoming a monster. Trust me when I say that, if and when someone tells you that they are not scared, they are most definitely lying.

I believe that there are only two kinds of people in this world (shout out to Mrs. Klausen who taught me such) there are those who tell the truth, and those who lie to cover up their pain and fear of vulnerability. Under those categories fall: those who fart – those who lie, those who care about what others think about them – those who lie, etc.

What and Why do we Fear?

I’m only scared of what I’ve experienced. I’m scared of letting my life pass me by, like grains of sand in an hourglass.

People are afraid of what they don’t know, because we live in a world in which whatever we don’t know will come and stab us in the back. If we didn’t know to fear this world and all it has taught us, we wouldn’t be afraid of what we don’t know.

– IN ORDER TO BE AFRAID OF WHAT WE DONT KNOW, WE MUST FIST FEEL THE FEAR OF WHAT WE DO KNOW –

What I know

I have learned many things, but some I feel I have always known. There are many of these thoughts, they just come and go in my life as if they just popped by for a visit and left letting me forget what their faces looked like until they come around again. I write them down So that when they decide to leave me (usually when I need these lessons most), I can always remind myself of what really matters.

It seems as if these thoughts have always been there, but i know that they haven’t. There are so many things that I haven’t realized yet, so much unknown. The sooner that we accept that there are things that we don’t yet understand – is the sooner that we will begin to understand them. Something that I do not yet understand is just another thing to be learned, it’s all just another variable in the equation that is life.

Take my words under your wing, fold them into whatever shape suits you, but never let fear take hold of you. Open up to those who open up to you, and as always…
Let yourself be the reason you get up in the morning, be your own inspiration!