What is time?

Some say that time is money, some say time is key, key to what? I don’t know! Some say time is of the essence. Some say time is relative, some say time is irreletive. Some see time as a line, some as a 3D model… but no matter where you go, or what you say, time is extremely important!

My Time

Somehow, though it is one of the most valued and thing, AND I’ve been working at it my whole life, capturing time seems to elude me. In my PGP coarse, (Personal Growth Plan) we’ve been reading “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” which is a fantastic book by the way. Every section of the book, along with a workbook we are supposed to create a creative reflection on something we learned in the section. Section two had a part about time, a really impactful part about time, and thought to myself “what is the most impactful way that I know how to reflect?”, and the answer was simple… you’re looking at it.

Time is Made of Rock

Well, no it’s not.. but it’s easier to think of it in physical terms, and rock is heavy and important, just like time. There are things you can do, that no matter how fun they are, it is about as productive as loading a truck of sand grain by grain. There is a time for that, but in order to manage your time, time needs to be sorted. The 7 Habits… has taught me to think of my time as a mountain, my goal in life is to move the mountain. If I never slow to idle in the grains of sand, my I will grow tired and die, if the opposite happens, I will never clear out a single boulder. It is important to take time to chisel boulders into stones, to take time to move these rocks, and to “take the time to waste a moment”.

Everyone Ownes a Company

Well again, no!… but it is very helpful to pretend as such. You own the company of your mind. Like a company our brain distributes key functions to reliable others, like breathing and such. Why shouldn’t you create a company hierarchy for your thoughts too? That’s right, you should. Mine is the hierarchy of rock -which put simply is the division of time in a productive manner, dividing important things from non important, and urgent from non urgent.