Welcome back to my blog. Today, we will be talking about our most recent project, Save Juno Beach! This project was about World War II and the importance of preserving the Juno Beach Centre. Let’s get into it.

We started off this project with leaning about why we were concerned about preserving the Juno Beach Centre. In March 2022, a French condo developer proposed a plan to build luxury condos near Juno Beach, one of the five beaches landed on during D-Day. The Juno Beach Centre is right next to the proposed condo development area, and there is only one road to it. The condos would also use this road, increasing traffic and making it much harder to get to the Juno Beach Centre. Although the condo development has already been cancelled, our final product for this project would be a persuasive writing composition on the importance of preserving the Juno Beach Centre.

After learning about the condo development, we moved on to learning about the events of World War II. While this was a lot of lectures with PowerPoints, I found the subject matter interesting and the classes engaging. This was not my favourite part of the project, but it definitely wasn’t the worst. For our first keystone, we wrote a brief piece on the historical significance of The Battle of The Atlantic. You can read my writing here.

Next, we moved on to learning about the English part of this project, the rhetorical situation. This was essentially every part of a text. The five aspects of the rhetorical situation are purpose, topic, writer, audience, and context. After learning about this, we did a rhetorical analysis on this text as a class. Using that as practice, we moved on to our second keystone, analyzing this text. I really enjoy analyzing texts, so I found this quite enjoyable. You can read my analysis here.

Next, we combined both of our previous keystones and started working on our final product, a persuasive composition on the importance of preserving the Juno Beach Centre. Our third keystone was our writing process, which consisted of a thesis, a first draft, at least two rounds of meaningful revision, and finally, our final draft. You can check out my process here.

The end of this keystone was our final draft, which just so happened to be our final product as well. I am very proud of my writing and I think that it answers the driving question well. You can read it here.

Overall, this project was very fun. I enjoyed the subject matter as well as the final product. I think I learned a lot about planning and processes, and I think that this project went much smoother than any of my other recent projects. Thank you for reading my blog post, and have a great day.