Free Choice!

Free choice 

Hi everyone this is day 10 of the student blogging challenge. Today we had the opportunity to write about any subject, it was a sort of free choice day so I am going to be writing about Winter time and some of the incredibly fun things that me and my family do in the winter. 

For the past three winters my cousins have owned a house in whistler so we usually go up there for a couple weeks during winter break, unfortunately we were unable to stay there this year but we did in fact go skiing

Skiing

I love skiing, it is my second favourite sport even though I only get to do it for a couple weeks in a year. I am a very strong and confident skier I have been skiing for around 8 years mostly on whistler but for a couple years I would go up to Seymour every Friday and ski the entire day. I have been up to whistler twice this year and both days have hard their pluses and minuses but I have to say they were both fantastic days. We went up one day when they had a ton of snow but the visibility was terrible, then there was the second day which was two days after the first and that was the better one. I was able to go up peak chair which wasn’t open of the first day, and it was incredible the snow was great I was alone I didn’t have to wait for anyone it was just me and the mountain plus it was a very sunny day and I had an awesome view of black tusk.

Snow forts 

Like I said my cousins had a house in whistler, but one of the best aspects of it was the location. It was right next to creek side and the snowplow plowed snow right into a corner across the street, this is where my and me cousins have set up many snow forts and spent hours playing in the snow. They also have a hot tub which was amazing because it was so nice it silt in for a while after a long day of skiing but unfortunately they moved houses this year, I don’t know the specifics of their new house but hopefully I will get to stay there next year r maybe even this summer. Last but not least is the kid cave. The kid cave is a room at the very tip of the house. You have to climb a very long ladder to get to it and that is where I spent most of my nights. It had a popcorn maker two beds and a Apple TV up there, it was a super cool place and it was probably my favourite part of their old house.

Here is a photo of me with black tusk in the background from this winter

Be the first to comment on "Free Choice!"