Indie’s 3am thoughts

Welcome to Elmo’s world

Plate Tectonics!!!

We learned all about plate tectonics. I made a book and a mind map talking about plate tectonics and how they work. This project was all about plate tectonics and how they work, so now in this post, I’m going to share and express my new knowledge on this subject.

Some ground that has been separated by a plate tectonic based disaster

In this mind map, some of the branches are questions that I wrote before we started. Below them I have answered the questions using the knowledge that I gained while working on this project.

Like I said before, we made books. Here is my book:Indys book!

My book is called Phil from Atzikial, it’s about an alien who crashes on earth and wants to learn about plate tectonics.

This whole book include 10 key concepts. That was the whole main focus of the book, and the point of the book was to teach others about the key concepts. I think I did pretty well putting the key concepts in there, because they really fit in well and I think if I knew nothing about plate tectonics, and I read that, I think I would understand the key concepts.

“Key” concepts

We had 5 months to create this book. I think that is a very long time personally, and it was really nice to have this much time to finish and create the book. I think that it was also really nice how much class time we had. I know that the class time was probably the most helpful thing because that’s where I did almost all of my book. Last year, I don’t think I used my class time to my advantage, this time I think I used I fairly well.

This book was really fun to make, especially the drawing part. We had a challenge, we couldn’t use any images but are own, I decided instead if taking pictures, I would draw them. I think this turned out alright, and I’m proud of the pictures I made. I think that they added a lot to the book and helped me explain how earths plates contribute to natural disasters and geological processes.

There was a last step of the book process that I missed out on. I would’ve read my book to a younger student and showed them things about plate tectonics. I was sick on this day though, so instead I think that my book would’ve been understood by the student and I think that missing that step wasn’t good but I think it would’ve gone well if I did go.

Our project was pretty awesome. I think I learned quite a bit about plate tectonics, and I hope that if other people end up reading my book from this post they they learn something too. Thank you for reading my post about plate tectonics! Leave a comment!

alienBookcurricular competencykey conceptsplate tectonicssciencescimatics

indiras • November 1, 2019