Hi, welcome back to my blog. This post is about my most recent project “think you can do better”. For the past 6 weeks, we have been working on this project. The end goal for this project was to make a video for our political party. Our political party was made up of 5 people. My group members were Logan, Quinn, Indy and Sophia.  We had to work together to make a set of values, policies and promises for our party. Before we could create our video we had to learn about the Canadian government as well as our political ideologies. throughout this project, I also made two other blog posts “Vote for Traditionalist Party of Canada” and “Election in Pandemic!”. Throughout this project, we 6also learned and made our zettelkasten in an app called craft. The driving question for this project was “How Should We Govern Ourselves”. The video below is my group’s attempt at answering the driving question. Through our party we created.

The video above is our final video for this project. It tells you who we are and what our party stands for. This video is a great piece of evidence of my learning and how I can answer the driving question. We had to work efficiently to make this video before the deadline. We worked hard to try and get the main points across about what we stand for as a party in a short video. Through our work making this video, I concluded that democracy and equality are really important to making decisions as well as getting along with your group members. A crucial step into making the video was our statement of intent that we made earlier. This is when we came up with our party’s platform and put it all together into a keynote slide. While making our statement of intent we started working well as a group. It helped me get a better view of what the Traditionalist party of Canada stands for. The main issue we came up with was the economy since the great crash due to COVID-19.

Statement of intent

A big part of this project was learning a new way to take notes using the zettelkasten method. This note-taking method is different from normal notes. Using zettelkasten you take notes and then link them together so instead of looking through a bunch of notes all bunched together, you can just refer to a link of the specific thing you want. Typically in a zettelkasten, you have three main categories of notes  fleeting notes, literature notes and permanent notes. Fleeting notes are just quick notes on anything. In fleeting notes, you don’t have to worry about grammar or stuff like that because they are just quick ideas. Once you don’t have a use for a fleeting note you just delete it o if it turns into something you can make it into a permanent note or a literature note. Literature notes are more detailed but not too long. They are typically notes on a video, book, audio message, speech, etc. Literature notes are meant to summarize the piece of literature in a short concise form. You can take little important ideas or things from a literature note and make them into a permanent note. Permanent notes are only one thought or idea. They should have minimal text, you should be able to understand it for a long time and it should be meaningful. I use the app craft for my zettelkasten. It makes it easy to link and organize my notes easily and simply. Craft and my zettelkasten have helped me a lot throughout this project to keep my notes organized and on topic.

Example of linking using zettelkasten method

During this project, I think I improved at notes taking. At the start, I was not good at note-taking but as I got the hang of it I got increasingly better and now it is a lot better. As for the driving question “, how should we govern ourselves”. I think we need to have all of our opinions heard even if we disagree and respect each other views. I think we should also communicate more and the communication should involve all citizens.