March 25

Exhibition Reflection Post-Star Wars

Hello reader! It has been a long time since I wrote a blog post, this blog post is about my recent project we finished- Star Wars mini blue sky project. For those who does not know what star wars is check out this link, and this link for the most recent Star Wars movie that came out 2019’s December.

Back on task, for this project the driving question is: How might I design and build an answer to my own inquiry? My inquiry was: how might we find out how trees function the same on Endor like on Earth? I answered my question by researching parts of trees and habitats/ environment of  both planets, earth and Endor. While doing this project I learned more about both trees, earth and Endor. I made a poster and two model of trees on endor and on earth to show my learning which we were responsible for gathering all materials for our project. During the process we used the LAUNCH cycle where we Look, listen and learn; Ask tons of questions; Understand the process; Navigate ideas; Create, make design; finally, Highlight and fix, lastly we launch our projects!

Milestones:

Milestone 3
For milestone three we understanding the process or problem through an authentic research experience. You might conduct interviews or needs assessments, research articles, watch videos, or analyze data. We research for answer

We also had to make a YouTube video version of our LAUNCH journal.

thank you for visiting my blog post, come back soon!

March 13

Is The End of Our World!😱

Hello internet, just this week my class finished a project called is the end of our world. During this project I learned how to use GarageBand more efficiently. For this project the driving question was: Who or what has challenged your worldview from the transition from elementary to high school?  to answer the question our teacher a hit song from the 90s Is the End if My World as I Know It by R.E.M. and our teacher create a lyric templelt for us to field in to make or own lyrics.

To get ideas for our lyrics we created a MindNode bassed on our worldview using the 7 aspeccts of worldview. On the MindNode we had to write the expectation of high school which some ture out to be the opposite. here is a link to my MindNode. moving on to the next big milestone – milestone three – where we record our songs. I had a bit of diffricuties keeping up with the song’s tempo since my lyrics are quite squeezed in together. Some thing I would improve next time is definitely to count the syllabus of the word before writing them down. Here is a video for my individual song.

I know is kind of bad but luckily when we are doing the peer critique we could chose the persons we are comfortable to let them listen to you song, and of course, I choose one of my best friends- Annie! The very next day we were assigned to our groups, I was in a group with Ryan and Nya, go check out their blog and recent posts, we mixed up our lyrics together and we put our best parts into the song. We also had to have photos of us in grade 7 to grade 8/now here the video.

Now, just telling you I actually didn’t know that this:

Create: What literacy skills am I using to write, speak, and represent in the texts I create? 

Cause and Consequence: Who or what influenced events to occur and what were the consequences of those events?

was our curriculum competencies! Which was pretty mind blowing.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, see you soon.

March 13

DI regionals – It’ll Be Over in A FLASH📸

Hello internet, about two weeks ago, on an sunny yet chilly Saturday, the DI regionals is held in Seycove! I was so excited but also very nervous at the same time. Finally is 2:20pm, my group’s challenge time, after a ton of rehearsals we are ready to go, but still very nervous. 8 minutes later, the challenge is done and it surprisingly went… well! Our classmates loved it our teacher loved it, it went smoothly except that the flag didn’t really stand when we’re presenting.

Any ways, going back 1 month, was when we first met our groups and we know what categories we were assigned in. I was in Fine Arts – picture this! – with four other people – Erin, Logan, Dries, and Josh, check out their blog and their most recent posts! – one of the important thing our group first did was identifying and understanding the Challenge requirements as outlined in our challenge document, I was the DRI of the time choice elements which one of the most important part our presentation later. Right after we finished our first milestone for this project the teachers assigned the next, milestone two, where we map out a plan for the challenge and where we find a picture for our solution. Here is a picture of it!

To move on faster, we started milestone three, where we assign roles and responsibilities to each other, I was the DRI of the team choice element 1, we fist decided that a rocket was a good idea which later at the regionals we notice that the rocket was too small of a prop to be the team choice element. What hing the other fine arts team present, all of them doesn’t have cool cardboard costumes like our team so we decided that our team choice element is coming to be our costumes. Last but not least, milestone four! Milestone four is where we plan out the time of how long it will take us to do something. Since Im the DRI of the rocket (because we didn’t know we would be changing the team choice element to our costumes at that point) I planed that it would take us at least 30-60 minutes which it didn’t, the rocket toke us about 20-25 minutes.

Next was building time, I spent 1-3 hours, on average, after school working on our DI stuff. I didn’t have much pictures of us building but here’s some.

On the last Friday, we were so nervous, spent at least an hour on DI after school. The next day our flag wasn’t working, we started to panicking but according to my friends, classmates and teachers we did great! So here is a video of our presentation!

Have a great day, and see you next time!

March 11

Da Ultimate Design Challenge🌊

Hello internet, this week is da last week till spring break, and the week that my group finish the ULTIMATE DESIGN CHALLENGE !

First lets began with the driving question: How can we design a pool for maximum volume? So me and my group – Indy and Nya, check out their blog – first went with the idea of two pools with a hot tub in between them, but later we saw an photo of a pool with a living room inside of it so we went for that idea instead.

what to improve:

I should probably stop going off task and help my group mate more  (even though I help them a lot already).  Other things that I should improve on is remembering to put units for our calculation, and double check out calculation, because some of our calculation is incorrect.

Here is some screenshots of our pool design:

Curricular Competencies:

Applying and innovating:
Contribute to care for self, others, community, and world through personal or collaborative approaches. Me and my group didn’t do as well as we could of on this curriculum competency, we did pay close attention to teacher instructions but we spent most of our work time in class off task.

Reasoning and Analyzing: Model mathematics in contextualized experiences. We follow all instructions our teacher give us, but we definitely could do better on building the model cooperatively because me and Indy did lot more on it than Nya did. However, Nya did most of our calculations for us.

Communicating and Representing: Explain and justify mathematical ideas and decisions. My group definitely messed up on some of the calculations and forgot to put the units of the calculations, but other than that it was pretty good.

thanks for visiting my post, have a good day (or night)

February 14

⚔️This changes everything ⚔️

Hello reader! This week my class finished an humanities project. The driving question was: what was life like in the Middle Ages? How does it compare to today? Well my answer to the driving question is: life in the Middle Ages depends on you religion, your religion rules or life and you have to and if you want to go to heaven you have to do something good, comparing to today life is less depending on you religion.

Now lets get in to talking about what we did in this project. Basically we have to research 3 stuff and show how is has changed and continued.

milestones:

Milestones
Milestone 1: literacy plan, we plan when and what techniques are we going to use to help us read. Milestone 2: character letter, we write a letter to someone in 1195 as our role (mine was a lord) without giving out who we are. Milestone 3: book chats, we have book chats every Monday to show how far we are in the book and how much we have learn and understood the book. Milestone 4: research! We do research on the topic we picked with our partner. Milestone 5: presentation! We have one iPad Air playing our slide show with our notes open and we present to the class! Milestone 6: (this post)

After we have that done we present it with a partner, and my partner is Dries go checkout his blog and his post! I well show you a video of my presentation!

I learned I lot while doing this project, I learned how life in the Middle Ages depend a lot on religion, how education was not open to everyone and not everyone can afford it, I learned much more! Thank you for visiting my blog, hope to see you soon!

February 13

Chemistry Coding🧪👾

Hello reader!

Earlier this week I finished this scimatics and i have to write a blog post to reflect on the project. First lets take a look at The curricular competencies:

Questioning and predicting:
Demonstrate a sustained curiosity
about a scientific topic or problem
of personal interest.

Scientific communication:
communicate ideas, findings, and
solutions to problems using
scientific language,
representations, and digital
technologies.

Reasoning and analyzing: Use
logic and patterns (including
coding) to solve puzzles and play
games.
For questioning and predicting I had all my class time working on the project without distractions, for scientific communication I used scientific terms such as how a atom goes faster as it heats up, and for reasoning and analyzing I made a game close to geometry dash. One thing I should improve on is use more than one atom for my game. My best learning happened when I learned from other people’s games and when I’m researching for tutorials of how to code my game.

While do this project I learn how to use scratch and learn a lot about atoms, and if you want to checkout my game then click this link (its kinda bad honestly). That’s all for this post, peace!

December 22

LAZER MAZE!(scimatics reflection post)

♣It was the last few weeks of school till winter break! But, this is actually the time for the most important projects.

GDJ / Pixabay

Well that’s the time on the year where MY teachers do that, you don’t really have choice.

Anyways back on track, for this scimatics project we had to build Star Wars air crafts. Me and my group – Evelyn and simon- built Luke Skywalker’s x-wing fighter, but that wasn’t the point why we build it. The main reason is that we are trying to make and understand how and what a right triangle is. Most importantly the Curricular Competencies.

Big idea; Light energy can be transferred as both a particle and wave: The law of reflection is used to build a right angle triangle shaped laser path that will be on display at the exhibition. Refraction and interference are also incorporated in the laser display.

Communicating and Representing; Represent
mathematical ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic forms: Two sides are measured and the length of one side of the triangle is calculated and labeled using the pythagorean theorem.

Applying and innovating; Co-operatively design projects: The laser triangle is set up and labeled in an aesthetically interesting way and all group members contribute equally to setting up the room on exhibition day

Questioning and predicting; Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest: All class time is used efficiently for learning and project work without distractions

Bye for now!♣

♠bonus pics!♠

November 29

Reflection post!!

This is the last week of the student blogging challenge, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be blogging is just that I won’t be blogging once a week like usual.

I participated in all 8 weeks of the student blogging challenges, and in 8 weeks I have posted around 10 post. Over the 8 weeks (two months) I received around 4 comments and I want to gave a special shout out to Mrs. Barrett for commenting the most on my blog (twice)! I enjoyed writing my blog post called “emojis”, the reason why is that I had a lot of fun while researching, and do wing up with the story. I always use safari for everything, but I get my informations in Basecamp. As I said before I will be writing, but not as often.

November 22

Celebration and festivals…CHRISTMAS!

Is getting close to the time when Jesus is born, and that means… is Christmas🎄! When you ask a little child: “Buddy, what holiday or time of the year do you like the most?” They ether might say “my birthday” or 90% says… “Christmas!”

For what I know families all around the world celebrates Christmas, is just that some country doesn’t celebrate it like what we do including decorating, having multiple gives, spent time with your whole family, when I was still living at China( if you don’t know that click here!) I loved Christmas even though I didn’t know the meaning of it, but do spent time with my whole family. Christmas is known to be celebrating the birth of Jesus(click here for solving your mysteries behind Christmas). Now I’m in Canada which make me know more about Christmas

now I want to share with your my Christmas photo!

This weekend I will be putting up the Christmas light and the Christmas tree, and I’m pretty sure that my brothers are doing secret Santa at school. Comment down below if i should decorate my room Christmas theme or not.

Now i have wrote a pome for you

“Is this time of the year when it snows,

it is the time of the year when happiness is found.

Run down the steps and you already know

below the shiny tree the presents you will see.

look out the window you will see, the snowy weather had just begun.”

any ways thats all for this week’s topic i hope you laughed a little at mr. Grinch, see you guys at next week’s Challenge!

November 20

Art Fun!(maker reflection post)

Hello people!

the past two weeks my class did art for maker. It was so fun! My teacher Ms.Maxwell also introduced us to one of her kind friend Chloe, she is currently working as a graphic designer. The whole project was so fun for me because I love art, even though I didn’t have time to draw because of high school, but this project brought me back to art.

First of you need to know the driving question. For this unit of maker our driving question is: How can we use our Apple Pencil to support our learning? I think the Apple Pencil supports our learning because ,for example, in pages is easier to write notes if you have an Apple Pencil, you only have to tap the document once then is automatically lets you draw on the document! And same with notes! Another example is that the Apple Pencil has a pressure plate and when you are drawing if you press harder the line will get thicker. That’s why I think the Apple Pencil is helpful to our learning. People with an Apple Pencil will have more advantage than people without an Apple Pencil because is harder to draw with your finger than drawing with a pen or pencil.

now let’s talk a little bit about the first milestone we did for the project. The first milestone kind of got me into art again, and this milestone is called…… word art! So basically we had to draw our name depending on our personalities, and this is the one I did.

next milestone I wasn’t really into but it is called… sketch noting! We were given a link to a video on YouTube, the video is about growth mindset and fixed mindset. Even though the art part I didn’t really like I still kind of liked the video.

What do you think so far leave you thought in the comment section below! Milestone three! This milestone was awesome and this is…… self portrait! In this milestone we have to trace ourselves, the cool part is we could redo the background and the most awesome part is….. I will show you at the end, he he. Anyways I loved this milestone!

that one was real bad right, ya I know. Anyways next milestone! Milestone number four really show how good I’m at drawing, he he he. This milestone is called……. fruit bowl! Oh my, you do not know how much hours I spent on this one that it almost look real! I colour dropped every bits of the details on the fruits I will show you the final product and the process video of one grape.

final milestone! Milestone number five! This one out of all of the other ones is my favourite milestone, it is called…… your logo! We basically had to think of a company w might want to make some day in our life. I  wanted to open a fashion, clothing and accessories store like Hot Topics there is a link for those of you who want to do some online shopping. 😉

Now what you guys are waiting for… I drew my teacher Ms. maxwell

Comment down below what you think of me drawings!

see you soon on SBC week 7!