May 15

🇪🇸 Argh Matey🇵🇦

Hello internet! We recently finished a project named Argh Matey, which is  project that us scimathics Humanities  combined , and i thought that was pretty cool! The humanities s part of this project is the history and story of our explorer that existed in 1400-1600; and the scimathics part is the part about cells, diseases, bacteria, and viruses.

For my humanities part I chose Christopher Columbus -who rediscovered America- And for my scimathics part I chose a virus call the smallpox. The driving question of this project is: How do cells and diseases interact?  and, What is the significance of global exploration? now for all those question our teachers taught us how to answers them and we combined them and put them into our comic book. For the first question how a disease and cell is where a disease wants to take over the body it has to kill all the white cells first and to do that it has to interact with all the cells. For the second question the significance of global exploration it the connect the world together.

Moving on, here is the final product of this project, I first made in Comic Life that, by taking screenshots I exported the book into Book Creator so I can embed it. Here the result!

Argh Matey

I know the cover isn’t the best but i hope you like the content of it. Here some drawings i used as the background.

Here’s a blooper:

Well I didn’t know Christopher Columbus Likes to take selfies.

Anyway the curriculum competencies of this project are:

—humanities

*Connect: How do I understand my own and others’ personal connection to texts I read, listen, and view?

I understand my own and other’s personal connection to texts I read, listen, and view by knowing there personal life and comparing it to texts I read, listen, and view.

*Establish Historical Significance: How do we make choices about what is worth remembering?

we make choices about what is worth remembering by trying to do so and learning form our pasts.

—Scimatics

*demonstrate a sustained or curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest.

For this competency all my milestones and steppingstones are completed to the best of my ability.

*communicate idea, findings, and solution to problem using scientific language, representations,

and digital technologies

for this competency the Bacteria/virus characters interact in a scientific way with body cells in the comic book. Correct diagrams are used.

*Evaluating: Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of evidence

Symptoms and logical outcomes of the chosen disease are included in the story.

anyways that’s in for this blog post, hope you enjoyed reading this blog post!

May 14

📸Witness to history🦠

Hello internet! It has been a long time since the last time I blogged, I hope you are doing well! Just recently I finished a unit in maker called Witness to History. For that unit our driving question is: How can we, as photojournalists, tell stories of our community during this period of physical distancing? Well, my answer is us Photojournalists can tell stories of our community by interviewing people safely and really try to take the right photos and place them in the right order. The curriculum competencies are:

Be an Empowered Learner: How might I use technology to learn more? To answer the question, I might use technology to learn more by research articles and watching educational videos.

Be an Active Digital Citizen: How might I use technology to connect to the world? I might use technology connect the world by sharing informations and stories of other communities.

As it for our final product, it is our Photojournals you can check that our down below.

The Photo Essay of Quarantine

I was really proud of one of the important milestone 5 where we did our story board, because it’s my first time getting an “A” from Ms. Willemes! Here some of mine favourites from the book:

Anyways, i hope you enjoyed this post see you in the next blog post!

April 14

DI just got more stressful!😩

Hello internet, I hope you are doing and feeling well. As you know, everything is cancelled and there is noting to do, which means all our schedules are messed up. For PLP kids, we were supposed to have our DI provincials last Saturday, but as I mentioned above, everything is cancelled, which includes DI provincials. At first, my classmates and I was celebrating, our obstinate PLP teacher moved DI online so we couldn’t escape it.By the way, if you haven’t seen my post about DI regionals click the link to check it out.

Anyways, going back a month ago I was in Fine Arts – picture this! – with four other people – Erin, Logan, Dries, and Josh, check out their blog and their most recent posts! my group and I thought about improving our props and back drops a bit. So what we were going to do is that we would use cardboard posters to make a 3D rocket and for our back drop we were going to make them out of takele cloths in Different colours, for example, the moon back drop would use black and grey cloths.

Well there isn’t  much to talk about since DI was cancelled and since I heard that I didn’t bring anything back home to work on, which I was in charge of the 3D rocket. As always here is some photos we used in the online tournament as either backdrops or just a photo.

I hope you enjoyed this post, stay home, stay strong, stay healthy!

March 25

Exhibition Reflection Post-Star Wars

Hello reader! It has been a long time since I wrote a blog post, this blog post is about my recent project we finished- Star Wars mini blue sky project. For those who does not know what star wars is check out this link, and this link for the most recent Star Wars movie that came out 2019’s December.

Back on task, for this project the driving question is: How might I design and build an answer to my own inquiry? My inquiry was: how might we find out how trees function the same on Endor like on Earth? I answered my question by researching parts of trees and habitats/ environment of  both planets, earth and Endor. While doing this project I learned more about both trees, earth and Endor. I made a poster and two model of trees on endor and on earth to show my learning which we were responsible for gathering all materials for our project. During the process we used the LAUNCH cycle where we Look, listen and learn; Ask tons of questions; Understand the process; Navigate ideas; Create, make design; finally, Highlight and fix, lastly we launch our projects!

Milestones:

Milestone 3
For milestone three we understanding the process or problem through an authentic research experience. You might conduct interviews or needs assessments, research articles, watch videos, or analyze data. We research for answer

We also had to make a YouTube video version of our LAUNCH journal.

thank you for visiting my blog post, come back soon!

March 13

Is The End of Our World!😱

Hello internet, just this week my class finished a project called is the end of our world. During this project I learned how to use GarageBand more efficiently. For this project the driving question was: Who or what has challenged your worldview from the transition from elementary to high school?  to answer the question our teacher a hit song from the 90s Is the End if My World as I Know It by R.E.M. and our teacher create a lyric templelt for us to field in to make or own lyrics.

To get ideas for our lyrics we created a MindNode bassed on our worldview using the 7 aspeccts of worldview. On the MindNode we had to write the expectation of high school which some ture out to be the opposite. here is a link to my MindNode. moving on to the next big milestone – milestone three – where we record our songs. I had a bit of diffricuties keeping up with the song’s tempo since my lyrics are quite squeezed in together. Some thing I would improve next time is definitely to count the syllabus of the word before writing them down. Here is a video for my individual song.

I know is kind of bad but luckily when we are doing the peer critique we could chose the persons we are comfortable to let them listen to you song, and of course, I choose one of my best friends- Annie! The very next day we were assigned to our groups, I was in a group with Ryan and Nya, go check out their blog and recent posts, we mixed up our lyrics together and we put our best parts into the song. We also had to have photos of us in grade 7 to grade 8/now here the video.

Now, this:

Create: What literacy skills am I using to write, speak, and represent in the texts I create? 

Cause and Consequence: Who or what influenced events to occur and what were the consequences of those events?

was our curriculum competencies! Which was pretty mind blowing.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, see you soon.

March 13

DI regionals – It’ll Be Over in A FLASH📸

Hello internet, about two weeks ago, on an sunny yet chilly Saturday, the DI regionals is held in Seycove! I was so excited but also very nervous at the same time. Finally is 2:20pm, my group’s challenge time, after a ton of rehearsals we are ready to go, but still very nervous. 8 minutes later, the challenge is done and it surprisingly went… well! Our classmates loved it our teacher loved it, it went smoothly except that the flag didn’t really stand when we’re presenting.

Any ways, going back 1 month, was when we first met our groups and we know what categories we were assigned in. I was in Fine Arts – picture this! – with four other people – Erin, Logan, Dries, and Josh, check out their blog and their most recent posts! – one of the important thing our group first did was identifying and understanding the Challenge requirements as outlined in our challenge document, I was the DRI of the time choice elements which one of the most important part our presentation later. Right after we finished our first milestone for this project the teachers assigned the next, milestone two, where we map out a plan for the challenge and where we find a picture for our solution. Here is a picture of it!

To move on faster, we started milestone three, where we assign roles and responsibilities to each other, I was the DRI of the team choice element 1, we fist decided that a rocket was a good idea which later at the regionals we notice that the rocket was too small of a prop to be the team choice element. What hing the other fine arts team present, all of them doesn’t have cool cardboard costumes like our team so we decided that our team choice element is coming to be our costumes. Last but not least, milestone four! Milestone four is where we plan out the time of how long it will take us to do something. Since Im the DRI of the rocket (because we didn’t know we would be changing the team choice element to our costumes at that point) I planed that it would take us at least 30-60 minutes which it didn’t, the rocket toke us about 20-25 minutes.

Next was building time, I spent 1-3 hours, on average, after school working on our DI stuff. I didn’t have much pictures of us building but here’s some.

On the last Friday, we were so nervous, spent at least an hour on DI after school. The next day our flag wasn’t working, we started to panicking but according to my friends, classmates and teachers we did great! So here is a video of our presentation!

Have a great day, and see you next time!

March 11

Da Ultimate Design Challenge🌊

Hello internet, this week is da last week till spring break, and the week that my group finish the ULTIMATE DESIGN CHALLENGE !

First lets began with the driving question: How can we design a pool for maximum volume? So me and my group – Indy and Nya, check out their blog – first went with the idea of two pools with a hot tub in between them, but later we saw an photo of a pool with a living room inside of it so we went for that idea instead.

what to improve:

I should probably stop going off task and help my group mate more  (even though I help them a lot already).  Other things that I should improve on is remembering to put units for our calculation, and double check out calculation, because some of our calculation is incorrect.

Here is some screenshots of our pool design:

Curricular Competencies:

Applying and innovating:
Contribute to care for self, others, community, and world through personal or collaborative approaches. Me and my group didn’t do as well as we could of on this curriculum competency, we did pay close attention to teacher instructions but we spent most of our work time in class off task.

Reasoning and Analyzing: Model mathematics in contextualized experiences. We follow all instructions our teacher give us, but we definitely could do better on building the model cooperatively because me and Indy did lot more on it than Nya did. However, Nya did most of our calculations for us.

Communicating and Representing: Explain and justify mathematical ideas and decisions. My group definitely messed up on some of the calculations and forgot to put the units of the calculations, but other than that it was pretty good.

thanks for visiting my post, have a good day (or night)

February 14

⚔️This changes everything ⚔️

Hello reader! This week my class finished an humanities project. The driving question was: what was life like in the Middle Ages? How does it compare to today? Well my answer to the driving question is: life in the Middle Ages depends on you religion, your religion rules or life and you have to and if you want to go to heaven you have to do something good, comparing to today life is less depending on you religion.

Now lets get in to talking about what we did in this project. Basically we have to research 3 stuff and show how is has changed and continued.

milestones:

Milestones
Milestone 1: literacy plan, we plan when and what techniques are we going to use to help us read. Milestone 2: character letter, we write a letter to someone in 1195 as our role (mine was a lord) without giving out who we are. Milestone 3: book chats, we have book chats every Monday to show how far we are in the book and how much we have learn and understood the book. Milestone 4: research! We do research on the topic we picked with our partner. Milestone 5: presentation! We have one iPad Air playing our slide show with our notes open and we present to the class! Milestone 6: (this post)

After we have that done we present it with a partner, and my partner is Dries go checkout his blog and his post! I well show you a video of my presentation!

I learned I lot while doing this project, I learned how life in the Middle Ages depend a lot on religion, how education was not open to everyone and not everyone can afford it, I learned much more! Thank you for visiting my blog, hope to see you soon!

February 13

Chemistry Coding🧪👾

Hello reader!

Earlier this week I finished this scimatics and i have to write a blog post to reflect on the project. First lets take a look at The curricular competencies:

Questioning and predicting:
Demonstrate a sustained curiosity
about a scientific topic or problem
of personal interest.

Scientific communication:
communicate ideas, findings, and
solutions to problems using
scientific language,
representations, and digital
technologies.

Reasoning and analyzing: Use
logic and patterns (including
coding) to solve puzzles and play
games.
For questioning and predicting I had all my class time working on the project without distractions, for scientific communication I used scientific terms such as how a atom goes faster as it heats up, and for reasoning and analyzing I made a game close to geometry dash. One thing I should improve on is use more than one atom for my game. My best learning happened when I learned from other people’s games and when I’m researching for tutorials of how to code my game.

While do this project I learn how to use scratch and learn a lot about atoms, and if you want to checkout my game then click this link (its kinda bad honestly). That’s all for this post, peace!

December 22

LAZER MAZE!(scimatics reflection post)

♣It was the last few weeks of school till winter break! But, this is actually the time for the most important projects.

GDJ / Pixabay

Well that’s the time on the year where MY teachers do that, you don’t really have choice.

Anyways back on track, for this scimatics project we had to build Star Wars air crafts. Me and my group – Evelyn and simon- built Luke Skywalker’s x-wing fighter, but that wasn’t the point why we build it. The main reason is that we are trying to make and understand how and what a right triangle is. Most importantly the Curricular Competencies.

Big idea; Light energy can be transferred as both a particle and wave: The law of reflection is used to build a right angle triangle shaped laser path that will be on display at the exhibition. Refraction and interference are also incorporated in the laser display.

Communicating and Representing; Represent
mathematical ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic forms: Two sides are measured and the length of one side of the triangle is calculated and labeled using the pythagorean theorem.

Applying and innovating; Co-operatively design projects: The laser triangle is set up and labeled in an aesthetically interesting way and all group members contribute equally to setting up the room on exhibition day

Questioning and predicting; Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest: All class time is used efficiently for learning and project work without distractions

Bye for now!♣

♠bonus pics!♠