My first Winter Exhibition!!

Today I’m going to reflect on what I have done for my first winter exhibition. This time the exhibition is about Star Wars, and I was in Death Star group. The driving question of this project was about “how can we build something that can answer our own questions”, which means that we each had our own topics, and we had to build at least something.
First the teacher have introduced us to the launch cycle.

Please watch the video, so you will know what I’m talking about.

After we have watched this video we started doing the first stage, look, listen and learn.

I first did a brainstorm about some ideas that my question could be, and then I have decided that my question is “how does earth compare to Death Star”, after about a week we went on the next stage, ask tons of questions.
In this stage we learned some techniques about how to do research, and we made a list about some questions that we had.

in this stage I finally started researching, some things that I researched was “how big is the Death Star?”

in this stage I did a mind map about what my final product is gonna be like. And the product is going to be two maps to compare earth and Death Star.

after a long time of working, we finally started building, first I built two maps, but then another idea popped up in my head(a pop up book). And then I started to work on it.

This is my first draft.

After I built my first draft I realized that the paper is way to thin and soft, and the pop up book could hardly stand by it self, so I made another one. Which is the next stage, highlight and fix.

I bought a few pieces of card paper that is hard and steady, then I did the whole thing again.

my final product was really good and I did not waste any paper, I’m very proud of my work. Lastly was the room set up, we made our room looks like the inside of the Death Star and here is a time lapse video of we cleaning up.

Conclusion: after all I found that the launch journal really helped me to finish my final product, and it also made my work more organized.

we also made some space ships that shots out lasers for the math project, make sure to check out the post that I wrote about it.

scimatics post

And here is the video version of my launch portfolio