The Deep Cove Ad Project

Deep Cove Ad Project Reflection

Ms. Willemse (my teacher) divided us in groups and told us that we were going to make an ad for a deep cove company. So my group decided on Deep Cove Pizza. So we had to call the company to ask to interview them and this is how it went:

“Hi there do you think we can talk to a manager” “NO” “ok then um, Hi we are students from Seycove and we are doing a project about advertisement and we would love to make you guys an add to get you more publicity, do you think we could schedule an interview?” “Um she will be back in a month” “I’m sorry who will be back in a month?” And then he hung up on us.

So we decided to change companies, we went with DCM (Deep Cove Music) and that call was very smooth.

Step 1. Call the company: CHECK

Step 2. The interview: CHECK

The interview was great. the person we interviewed answered all our questions.

Step 3. The first draft:

This draft was so bad that I don’t even know why I did it.

Step 4. Draft 2:

All I did was change the background to DCM’s usual colours but the teens head was weird and the adult looked creepy.

Step 5. Draft 3:

I changed the teen but it still looks weird.

Step 6. Pound and grain prep:

Basically pound and grain is a company that does ads for different companies so I was nervous to show them my draft 3 add so I changed it big time to this:

Step 6. Pound&Grain:

We went to pound and grain and it was awesome. They looked at my add and said that it was so good that I didn’t need to change a thing, that made me sooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!

Overall this was a great project I learned so much from making this ad and I kinda want to work for Pound & Grain someday.