Chemistry X Star Wars

Hello again and welcome back to my blog. This day we are doing another normal blog post, this time for Scimatics. This unit we were focusing on chemistry. This unit also happens to collide with the winter exhibition unit. And this year for the winter exhibition we are doing Star Wars projects. But the Star Wars wasn’t going to clash with the science project. After careful planning and learning we where going to have the projects, our chemistry animations in the winter exhibition. So now lets get into the learning.

Now I’m going to talk about the mind map. This is a standard procedure so far with all of our Scimatics projects. We start with doing a project start mind map. This is made on the mind node app and it represents our learning. The first one we made had all of our questions and what we knew about the subject we would be studying. The project end mind map would have the answers to all of our questions and our new found knowledge in the subject we just studied. This mind map was obviously on chemistry. So now that I have told you a bit about my mind map let me show you it.

Here is my revised mind map

Now I will be talking about the certain curricular competencies we used in the making and grading of this project.

There were six competencies we were being assessed on. The first one was for the project start mind map. The competencies was based on communicating, Formulate physical or mental theoretical models to describe a phenomenon

The second competency we got assessed on was: Questioning and Predicting: Demonstrate a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest. For this we had to do a khan academy quiz. 

The third competency we where assessed on was a story board or explainer text that defines each competency.

The final animated video was based off the same competency as the storyboard. So this was just bringing our storyboard our life.

Those were all the competencies we were assessed on. We used these competencies to help grade reflect and work on our big Scimatics project. These helped with building/making all of our wonderful artefacts.

Thank you very much for redrawing and have a great day. If you have any questions just let me know down in the comments section. Just down below is my final draft. Bye.