Categories
MPOLS and TPOLS

The Purpose of Learning!

Every single MPoL and TPoL that I have done has the same goal. At the end of the day, I just want to learn. I want to be able to learn as much as I possibly can about the world, the people, and the things around me, and be able to take that learning […]

Categories
Exhibition Humanities

Edwin Starr, “Trad” Style Tests, and Rigged Elections

Now, you may be asking, “What do all of these things have in common?” The answer is simple. Actually, not really. All of these things relate back to our most recent PLP project… School, What is it Good For? This massive project was accompanied by a massively loaded driving question. How might we transform education […]

Categories
Field Studies Humanities

Let’s Hope This Is A Story of Hope

I’m going to warn you before you start reading; this is not your typical story of hope. Sorry! There will be no documentary, TEDTalk, or branded merchandise after this story of hope. This story of hope is unique, individual, and hard to explain. And so, we will start from the beginning. We were launched on […]

Categories
Field Studies

TEXAS!!!!! (also Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri, maybe Denver and California)

In my mind, I visited six states over the past eleven days. Did I only step foot in five of them? Maybe. Was one of the state visits completely unplanned and coincidental? Also maybe. I actually never thought that I would ever visit Texas. I have nothing explicitly against Texas, it’s just not a place […]

Categories
Humanities

A Scope on Hope

The Oxford English dictionary defines hope as, “a belief that something you want will happen”. Cambridge says, “to want something to happen or to be true, and usually have a good reason to think that it might.” Merriam-Webster’s definition is “to cherish a desire with anticipation”. From a literal standpoint, hope is defined as a […]

Categories
MPOLS and TPOLS

My Own Learning Progress (MOLP)

Before you say anything, yes, I know it’s called an MPoL. At this point in my academic “career”, I have learned a lot about myself. Like, a lot. As I am looking back at my MPoL post from last year, I can see how far I have grown. My goal last January was to learn. […]

Categories
Humanities

Don’t Cry Over Split Atoms

About seven seconds into my speech, the only thought that was running through my head was, “Amy, slow down.” I was doing it again. I was speeding up and going ahead and getting lost with what I was saying. I don’t remember what I said, if I faltered, if I sturrered. I only remember that […]

Categories
Exhibition Humanities Maker

Round Pegs in Square Holes….And Other Crazy Things

Hello Lovely Readers, and welcome back to another blog post? Are you ready to Think Different? In our most recent project, we were challenged to define a changemaker; essentially someone who thought different about the world around them, and used that thinking to make an impact in our community. In all of our projects, a big […]

Categories
Humanities Maker MPOLS and TPOLS Uncategorized

The Perfectionist’s (guide) of Learning

Hello Lovely Readers, and welcome back to another blog post! Today, we are going to be talking about my year. Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest […]

Categories
Humanities

Core to the Shore

Hello lovely readers, and welcome back to another blog post. Today, we are going to be talking about our most recent project in Humanities: Shore to the Core. Throughout this project, we created multi-paragraph compositions (essays), focused around a local and a national topic of significance. We then turned our multi-paragraph compositions into zines, that […]