mitosis & meiosis and what it can do 🧬

Hi and welcome back to yet another scimatics blog post, I feel like I just finished writing the scimatics blog post for our last project like days ago but anyways…

This project was all sciencey stuff related. Its all about mitosis and meiosis and each of there stages and what they create and sustain.

just like very other scimatics project, ever. We stared off with a mind map

i wasn’t super confident on the “science/biology” information but I think I managed to get the basic down.

After that was complete we watched this super long(45 min.) detailed documentary on child brith and how children are conceived called “the miracles of life”

Let’s just say the overall reaction fo the class wasn’t great😬

After that lovely afternoon class we were back on track about leaning about all the details of both mitoses and meiosis. The learning consisted of a lot of textbook/workbook pages, “crash course” videos, Kahn academy quizzes and getting a refresher on how to use intercad

It show we knew how to use tinkercad we had to follow three of there many tutorials and show our final products. I decided to create; a chess piece, a key (I think so) and a flower keychain thingy

then we created each stage of mitosis in tinkercad, it was quite time consuming and it was hard to get all the crucial details in there but after a couple revisions  I came up with this

on mitosis models were complet on to meiosis models ! Same platform, similar stages and same work ethic and it came out like this

after we finished up our models we completed a few Kahn academy quizzes and then we commended a science experiment of some garlic we stared growing when we began this project. We had to use a microscope and some strange blue dye and we took some really cool photos

Once we’d taken all the photo we needed we were on the the filming/creation of our video. The videos had to include; all tinkered stages of mitosis and meiosis, comparison (similarities and differences) of  both meiosis and mitosis. And a detail description fo both processes. In the end I have a video! That’s about it

In the end this whole project would be an amazing example of my work toward the curricular competencies.

To start us off I present questioning and predicting by participating in class room discussions, handing in my work fully completed and on time and showing a sense of curiosity

I showed an understand of planning and conducting by “seamlessly blending” my microscope pictured into my final presentation and showing that I am able to clearly identify each stage of mitoses and that I can use/work with a printed and with a microscope 🔬

and of course my ability to show scientific communication. To fully show that I have a complet video that was handed in on time and that met each and very requirement towards the final presentation.

overall it was a very fun and informal project. I’m glad I didn’t Have to for all present my prject in front of the class and my lab partner (carter) was very helpful and good to work with.

Hannah 🥩🫕🍎🍒🍅🍫