Mpol 2023

Hello and welcome to my Mpol, I can’t wait to get started but first I am obligated to make this declaration

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.

This year I have really grown as a learner, I now understand my limitations even if I strive to push them, and I am still working out how I can work with and really push my limits to creat good quality work on time.

I have learned and struggled with my goals and I think I have learned a valuable lesson in the fact that I am not ready to achieve extending in my work across all subjects, and that my time management on work needs improvement.

I not only have learned but I “failed” as well, and I failed a lot. I have struggled with getting my work done and struggled with focusing as well with this only slowly improving over this year. I also found trouble in my writing and struggled a lot in my blog posts with the time needed to write a good blog post increased to an un manageable amount of time giving me lots of trouble.

I think that I also improves greatly this year when it comes to my skills, I have gotten increasingly better at using sketches pro, basecamp, showbie and more. But I  still need to work on my blog writing, time management and my approach on school work.

In my learning plan this year, I aimed for extending in all classes and for profile 4s in my core competencies, this was a very ambitious goal and in my opinion I aimed to high, kinda like fighting the final boss before learning the game and I bit of a bit more than I could chew. While I will still aim for extending, I currently think I can only manage accomplished for the time being, I also will change the amount of profile 4s I want to hit this year as I don’t think I can make all of them. This will allow me to be more balanced for the rest of the year, giving me the time to balance my habits to create a good plan of learning, reflecting and celebrating my work so I can aim higher in the future and not aim to high to quickly. This will allow me to work in a way I can complete everything to my standards and it will allow me to create for I can be proud of and happy with the effort I put in. I also will adjust my self as well, and plan to turn of the xbox and the games for at least 1 or 2 days a week and just get my work done. I had a lot of trouble turning it all of and I think that just telling myself that I can level up some other time after completing my work will be helpful as I found myself often distracted by video games and the interned and distanced myself from my learning and reading, 2 things I really enjoy but overshadowed by things like replay loops in games (its a technique that keeps a gamer gaming to much) and not doing my work. My goal to eliminate this distraction will allow for better time management and work that I am proud of and not just some random assignment I completed or some random blog post I wrote. I also plan on deleting a large portion of my games to eliminate a small amount of the distractions that are more likely at distracting me.

In the next half at school, my goal is to create work that I’m proud of, that fits my standards, is at least accomplished or extending while showing me and my goals as a PLP learner and a student at Seycove. I want to be able to create habits for myself that will help me work and not distract me while creating systems for myself so I stay on top of my work so I am proud of my work and so I can keep learning and enjoying my hobbies in a way that I reflect myself as a person and learner completely and not just reflect parts of me as I am my own learner, and I reflect myself and my work and that is important to me.

Thanks for reading this Mpol or mid year presentation of learning