Categories
Uncategorized

T-Pol

Why do I feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?  

I feel I am ready to move to the next grade level because I have improved by getting my work completed and turned in. I still have work to do on the on-time part, but did improve on getting assignments in this year. I was super nervous and thought I could never do something like the mPol, but it turned out okay and I feel better about doing the tPol from that experience. 

I learned how to do school through all technology on an iPad and learned many tools and apps. My communication skills did improve with the teachers but I still have trouble asking questions. I am proud about my Spring Exhibition ad because I think I did well on it and turned in several drafts. Journey of the Centre of the Earth, I liked my gif because it was fun to make and I got it done on time. 

Here are some of my thoughts:

Of the work I did this year, the work that I am least proud of is my blog post because mine are always late, there is not enough writing in them and I don’t put enough effort in them. The project I struggled with was the mPol because I only finished the day before and didn’t practice which led me not have the best presentation.The most interesting thing I learned this year was using the iPad and how to navigate and use all the apps. I found Maker to be the most boring because the class was so big that I lost interest in listening and learning. The difference between the two experiences was that I got to learn how to use the iPad by myself or with someone to help me versus trying to pay attention in a big group setting. Good question. I did not do a good job allocating my time in class which meant I had to go into tutorial or have homework.

I failed at getting my work in on time. From this experience, I learned that I should do more in class and I learned I need to ask questions. The work I did this year met my own standards, but not the ones I set with the learning plan.The skills I used this year was my communication skills for example at the exhibitions and my mPol. I used my technology skills to do my assignments. In my work, I was able to use my creative skills especially on my project for the winter exhibition. I need to develop the skill of asking questions. My goals for my work changed as I did better turning things in.

I felt dissatisfied when my work was late. Just getting started and typing things out were very difficult for me. Typing did get better for me throughout the year. I find the blogpost in PLP work frustrating because I like to just do a project and move on, not reflect on it. My work reveals that I do not like to put too much effort into my work as a learner. I would change to put more effort into the projects and get it in on time. Maybe, starting earlier would help me. I see friends like Hunter that writes a lot and starts early so this work gets in on time and is probably better.