Maker

Finding Fun With Videos!!

As you know through the past couple weeks we have been honing our videography skills, we have learned how to edit videos and how to use shots and angles to enhance our videos. For 2 weeks we did a skill sprint were we learnt lots of new skills like using augmented reality and stop motion.

Skill #1 Jump Cuts

Jump cuts are smooth transitions in videos that make the video more entertaining for the viewers. Lots of content creators like Zach King use these to make interesting videos.

The premise of our video was a huge giant flicking a human. We used a lose up angle to make the hand look huge compared to the human. 

Skill #2 Augmented Reality 

Augmented Reality combines real world and computer generated content. It’s used in many famous movies like Avatar and Back to the Future 

FullSizeRender

It was near Christmas so we made spinning snow globes in AR. This skill sprint helped me learn how to make objects 3D in Ar Mark (the app we used) and how to make objects move. 

Skill 3 Green Screen 

Green screens are used to change the setting of a video or clip. This skill is used from simple school projects to multi-million dollar movies. 

In my video me and my partner were lost walking through a frozen forest.

This project taught me how to use green screen effects in Capcut and IMovie, this is useful if I ever need to change the background of a photo of video.

Skill 4 Memoji

This project we used Memojis to make a story. My story was about a shark who woke up thinking it was a school day but it was actually the weekend. 

This sprint helped me learn how to send images and Memojis to Ar Makr. 

Skill 5 Stop Motion 

This was the biggest project of them all. We had to find a viral video (My group choose the snowball scene from Harry Potter) and make a stop motion of it. Lots of people used lego but my group chose to use paper cutouts.

I enjoyed finding out about lots of cool features in the stop motion app we used and I would definitely try stop motion again. 

Thanks for reading my blog and I hop you have a great day.