Hello humanoids, today I will be speaking about my latest Humanities project.
The Consequences of Colonization. 

This was a confusing project for the start. Originally,  we were supposed to have Ms. Pitches, though she teaches foods in Block 8, so we were supposed to have Ms. Madsen, but she only did half days due to a medical thing, so we had Ms. Willemse for 90% of the project, and Mr. Nihera (10/10 legendary substitute) was our teacher for 10% of the project.

Regarding the actual project, we learned about the consequences of colonisation for the Europeans when they colonised Canada. The driving question was “What did European settlement mean for all involved?”, I will now answer that question.

It meant for the indigenous people that they were about to lose a lot of their land and resources and some of their way of life. We know this because of how the Europeans treated them as inferior beings when they came to Canada.

For European explorers, going to Canada brought about new opportunities for trade, expansion, wealth, and especially glory since they would be the ones to “discover” it. It allowed them to discover new lands, resources, and trading routes, which boosted the economy and increased political power.

It meant for the European powers that they saw an opportunity to exploit and profit from the resources of this new land. They believed that their way of life was superior and that it was their duty to spread their culture and religion to the “uncivilised” indigenous people.

I learned a lot before I could give a sophisticated answer to the driving question. Before the project, I didn’t know much about the colonisation of Canada, but after this project, I have a lot of knowledge about it. One of the ways I remembered this was by repeatedly reading our craft document, where all the textbook-like stuff was.

Here’s my video, sorry the quality isn’t amazing.

Anyways, thanks for reading.