Travelogue Reflection

This project was something different, usually we learn something in a week or two but this one took around more than 3 weeks. Partly due to our teacher being away, new subsitutes filled her position everyday, but we still had a project to do and a deadline. In the end we had to create something called a travelogue and it had to be based off of a European explorer. I picked Jacques Cartier. Throughout this project there was a tremendous amount of time put into gathering information for the final project. For the travelogue you already had all the parts of the puzzle, you just needed to assemble it, you needed to create essentially a book about your character. During the process it was trial and error, you had to match up your storyline with images you’d made and to be honest I wasn’t a fan of making the images. Either I created things I included for Jacques in my storyline such as a compass, celestial navigation, a map, art that represented his character and in the end a collage. I got to display my story on Jacques in my own way with information and things I gathered and created. Overall I was quite pleased with the ending result of the project and I would recommend it to other people. 

Click here if you wish to see my book I created: