Media? Advertisements?

Media. If you think about it this society is heavily influenced by media, and one of the main wyas of media is advertisements. In your every day life probably you’ll see an ad on TikTok, YouTube, on safari, etc, and due to those advertisements is how businesses grow and gain attention. 

For a project we studied advertising and we’re elected in groups to study a business. The overall main goal was to created a finished ad for the business. There’s a lot more parts to advertising than you may think, but first we need our driving question “How does advertising persuade, sell, and influence society?”

My business that I studied is Kam Meng. It’s located in Newport, Oregon and it’s a family-friendly Chinese restaurant. To begin building my advertisements there are many detials to consider which is why one the things we did was interview an employee from the restaurant. They gave us plenty of information needed for the ad such as what the company values, specific things they want included within the ad, preferred colour palette and other useful ideas for my ad. 

Now that we’re on to building our ad, we need to think about the driving question again. “How does advertising persuade, sell, and influence society?” Businesses use advertising techniques and appeals to persuade, sell and influence their product such as making you feel guilty or making your feel better into buying or investing in something. In class we also learned plenty about ways to present our ad and how that influences the audience. You want something that catches peoples eyes and attention, something that they’ll remember. 

This was my prototype, my very first advertisement for my business. 

As you can see it’s plain, simple but boring and it isn’t eye catching. I redid it again and again. I asked feedback from my peers, my business group and especially my teachers. It took a lot of time and critique but I finished with a finale product I was proud of.

This is my finale product:

Building towards my finale product I made plenty of drafts showing my progress towards my finale. 

Overall getting critique and pushing myself to improve my ad again and again helped me in the end to achieve a way better result. Now onto the driving question “How does advertising persuade, sell, and influence society?” From the all then things I’ve leanfred over this period of time this is my finale answer: advertising uses persuasive techniques to influence society by creating a need or desire for a product or service. It can be effective in selling products by appealing to emotions, using celebrity endorsement and create and memorable slogans. However, it can also be manipulative and misleading.