Oregon!!!!!

Okay, believe it or not, I went to Oregon! Wait.. you already know? How!! All PLP students do??!?!?!?

Sorry, currently sleep deprived as usual and want to be funny.

We were there for seven days, and each day we did different things. The first day was a lot of driving, like, a LOT of driving. I was sitting next to James, you can check out his blog here! We left at about 6:15am, and I did some reading for the trip, and some chatting with James. We slept at Camp Kiwanilong.

For the second day, we had a lot of stuff compared to yesterday, a lot less driving. We went to Fort Stevens, which is a base used in the civil war, WWI, and WWII. I even got to hold a gun and take back a bullet casing as a souvenir! After that, we went to High Life Adventures, and I had a lot of fun zip-lining with friends, and we did a lot of it! There was over a mile of total length in the course? Tour? I don’t know.

In day three, we went to the maritime museum where we learnt about every boat thing under the sun, and shade, I guess. To be more specific, I watched a 10 minute documentary about bar pilots, who sailed large freighters over the bar, one of the roughest bodys of water in the world. Then we went to Cannon Beach, which was really pretty. Then we went to one of the best parts of the best parts of the trip, the Tillamook Cheese Factory!!! There was soo much cheese it was awesome!!

In day four, we did some questing at Yaquina Head, where our group placed relatively well! We got second out of 4 groups. After the quest, we went inside the lighthouse at Yaquina Head and learnt some history about it! It was interesting learning about the lens, which was built in Paris, and assembled on the pedestal at Yaquina head because of how big it was! After Yaquina Head, we went to the Hatfield Marine Science Center, and did some learning about tsunamis, tides, even some erosion and topography, which I quite enjoy. After messing about in the main section, we went to a classroom, and did crab racing, where we had crabs, and ran them through gutters to see how fast they could go! We figured out that the big males went the fastest.

In day five, we were back at the science center for two reasons, to slurp up ghost shrimp, and to do the R.O.V. Challenge. For the ghost shrimp, we had basically clam guns made from PVC pipes and we pulled up quite a few. We then went back to the lab to measure them for research purposes. After that, we did the R.O.V. Challenge, where we made R.O.V.s, or Remotely Operated Vehicles. Our group was a bit too imaginative, and were focused on the wrong things, but it wasn’t to bad, and we still had fun! After the science center, we went on a whale watching cruise, where we say three whales! One was even right next to the boat!!!

In day six, we left our yurts, and went to Depoe Bay, which is known as the smallest navigatable harbour. After that, we checked out the street of shops after! It was really cool, there was an RC hobbyshop and they had a remote GTR (R32)! That day was pretty short, as we headed back up towards B.C.. And for dinner, we had peanut butter bacon burgers, which were really good! We then stayed at hotels, and me and the boys went to the gym!

In day seven, the last day, we spent a long time driving, and we had a stop at wolf haven, which was the last big stop! We got to see about 7 different wolves, and learnt about different types of wolves, and how endangered they are. After that, we did another few hours of driving, and stoped at a Golden Corral, and it was interesting. I can’t say i’ve had an experience quite like it. The best thing was definitely the street chicken. Then, we did just about 6 and a half hours of driving, and met back with our families, and had a jolly old time.