tPOL ‘23

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.

Now that we have that out of the way, why do I feel that i’m ready for grade 9?

first of all, I don’t feel that I am ready for grade 9, I know I am ready for grade 9.

Sorry for the corny line, but I had to. So, this year, I’ve done a lot of things, and been places I’ve never been. That wasn’t a joke. I went to oregon. You can read about it here! But to talk about the actual tPOL, let’s pull up my learning plan. I’ll only use humanities and science because maker ended last semester.

So, we have my learning plan. How do I think I’ve grown? I think I’ve grown in a multitude of ways, the biggest being my creative writing skills. i’ve shown this through my writing assignments and how they’ve gotten better over the years. The best way to prove this is to show you. To do that, I will show one of my first writing assignments, my user manual, and compare it to my most recent, my design principles workbook.

User Guide: Lee

Brand: PLP Student
Model: Parker Lee, Operating System Ver. 1.3

PRODUCT GUIDE
Congratulations on your new PLP student, Parker Lee 1.3, commonly referred to as “Parker.” Your new student comes with functions including, but not limited to, the following:
Making food
Helping with technology
Comedy
Doing sports

GETTING STARTED
Before you access Parker for the first time, you will need to make sure you have adequate room and sustenance for installation. Your Parker will respond most favourably to users who will have fun with him

ACCESSIBILITY
Parker is very easily accessible during most times after 3:00pm. Parker is often seen in his room on electronics, in the kitchen making something, or on the couch watching YouTube.

Parker enjoys using social medias, such as reddit and youtube. He also enjoys texting and hanging out with friends.

SETTINGS
Parker has six primary settings: Don’t bother me mom I’m playing games, Regular/student, Procrastinating, Annoying sibling for no reason, Hunger, and Idle.

Setting 1: Regular/student
This is the mode Parker spends the most time in, being about 6 hours a day. In this mode, parker is a regular human, doing regular human activities, such as throwing and catching balls, consuming nutrients, and interacting with other humans. A majority of the time parker spends this mode at school, gaining knowledge about the human world around him.

Setting 2: Don’t bother me mom I’m playing games
In this mode, Parker will last about 2-3 hours, playing video games and binge watching YouTube videos. If parker is forcibly removed from this setting, parker will be irritable for the next 2-3 hours.
Setting 3: Procrastinating
When Parker is in this mode, he will do anything to not do homework or any work in general. And will give many, many excuses to not do work of any kind.
Setting 4: Annoying sibling for no reason
When in this mode, parker will act as in regular setting with most people, but if with his sibling, he will randomly do anything to annoy them and anger them.
Setting five: Hunger
When in this setting, parker will scour the area for any form of sustenance, and will become hangry if not fed writhing 45 minutes of entering this setting.
Setting six: Idle
Parker will most often assume this mode if deprived from sleep for more that 16 hours. When Parker enters this mode, he will not exit it until at least 8 hours of charge time, and will become unresponsive until charging has been completed

WARNINGS
This device may…
Forget things constantly due to problems shifting data to the cloud
Gets fixated on personal goals, and doesn’t think of other people
Not good at articulating what he is thinking.

TROUBLESHOOTING

TIPS TO MAINTAIN OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE
Fuel with chicken thighs, pasta, and Tim Horton four cheese bagels.
Support with endeavours into new topics, especially sports.

Play games and cook with him. Use devices to keep entertained, making him easier to deal with.

and now, we have my design principles workbook:

So yeah, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed, see you in September! (Or untill something interesting happens)

-Parker