Becoming An Art Piece

This image is my groups digital triptych! You may be thinking “WHAT THE HECK IS A TRIPTYCH!!!!! Well it is a 3 panel piece of art that all relate to each other in some way. Here in ours it show different times that humanity has lived through Medieval times on the left, renaissance times on the right and contemporary times (now) in the middle.

Getting Started

While we were stating this whole project we needed to make art of ourselves first before we included multiple people. I made a whole post on my medieval self portrait already and you can check that out here!
For this post I’m going to be talking about creating me as a piece of renaissance art.

Artwork Choice Chart

This is how we started our medieval portrait as well with a planning sheet called the artwork choice chart. This is place to put down all your ideas and information to help create the final art piece.

Main Image

I decided to use Giuseppe Arcimboldo’s most famous food portrait…..

And plaster my face over top of it… 😂

Creation!

Now that we had created the main image (US!) we started to create the background and add the other aspects from the artwork choice chart. We used the app SuperImposeX. Here is the end product that I handed in!

Reflection Paragraph

By reflecting on the Renaissance we can learn how lucky we are today to have adapted from the past and become better for the future.

Geography- In my artwork I show a map that represents how they would see the world in the Renaissance times. Geography was not valued as it is today because back then they did not need to see around the world unless it was for trade or work. Today we all love to travel and I am happy we have now adapted from the past and are able to see the world as it really is.

Beliefs- My artwork reflects that back in the medieval times death was a punishment and a gruesome one on the most part. We have adapted from the fact that we would kill people with a gruesome death by instead listening to what they have to say and giving them a chance. I am happy we have adapted from that because hopefully these things that we do not do anymore will also not happen in the future.

Knowledge- With my art I have put in a book to represent knowledge. Books have helped us learn about the past so much and it has also helped us adapt from it. I am happy we have adapted from the past because with the old knowledge we would not be as advanced as we are today. This can also help us prepare for future generations by keeping our information in books so other can learn about us and maybe because more advanced.

In conclusion the past can help us prepare for the future in so many different ways. We can also adapt from what we learn and hopefully become better.

Starting something new(ish)

We had already finished 2 of the 3 panels in our triptych! But then we got split into groups… with our groups now we had to recreate everything we just did to represent all our world views and present a live presentation of it too multiple audiences. Even though I was not able to preform I know it was a very stressful experience for my group. You can check out their blog posts as well on their blog pages.

Click down there to check out their blogs!

Cece’s blog
Tyler’s blog
Cole’s blog
Marcus’s blog
Gemma’s blog

In conclusion I feel teamwork can be really hard sometimes even if you are not working with the people you want to most but you can work through and still create something amazing 🤩. I understand the stress that my group must have been under and honestly I wish I was there and able to perform with them.

Thanks for reading and stay posted for my next post! 👍