When the self reflection gets a little to deep.

When you ask someone the question “who are you?” It makes them stop. And within that little pause before they respond around a thousand things are going through their head. Its a question that can go a few different ways. Either they are asking for your name, or want to get past the basic introductions. Then you start to think about things like your personality, what you like, even contemplating weather you know who you truly are.

And then we move on to the question of “who are you going to be?”. Not what you are going to do, but who are you going to be. What kind of person are you going to be? What lessons will you carry with you? Are you going to be someone who is trustworthy and kind? comedic? Untrustworthy? Negative? It takes a lot to find these answers. Moments of self discovery, the worst moment of your life, happy moments, maybe even that one time where you tried something new, then it proceeded to become half of your whole personality. True story.

As Elliot Page says in their book “pageboy” “I’d exhausted myself trying with all of me to figure out what was wrong, runnning from one place to the next, fooling myself into thinking I could find it. But the answer was in the silence, the answer would only come when I chose to listen.”

What is important to you in terms of what kind of a person you want to be? What qualities do you want to have? There’s a Taylor swift song that kind of describes this. In her song titled Marjorie, she says 

The importance of knowing when you need to be a certain person. Being kind but not to the point where you can be taken advantage of. I wish to be a kind and genuine person, while still being able to have strong opinions. I hope I am someone my friends can trust, someone they look forward to seeing. I hope I’m not a hindrance. Loving people starts with accepting yourself, and I think I am still working on the accepting yourself part. There is still that part of me that questions weather I am worth it, weather people want to be around me. I guess I want to be accepting of myself. Accepting of my gender, my personality, the way I live.

throughout the interviews, novel study and Ted talks one thing showed up again and again. Community. That word specifically. We rely on the people around us. that sense of community is something we all value. And we need that. We need those people we can trust, have fun with, ask for advice, and have those meaningful conversations with. And that is something I value and hold close to me. I need people and I hope I can make a positive impact on them in return.

Who do you want future you to be? 

There’s a song I found called “just a man”. Something about the words spoke to me. The wondering of the future, whenever that thing you’ve been looking forward to will happen, when you change into that more knowledgeable version of yourself. That older, more mature version of yourself. 

I hope future me is free. I hope he doesn’t loose his love for the nerdy things, keeps being kind and funny. I hope future me keeps trying to live, finds reasons to make life worth it. I hope I’m able to be out freely to my family at some point, and I hope I find a job that I am happy with. Something that plays to my strengths and allows me to showcase them. Would it be too simple to say I hope future me is alive? Maybe. But I feel like that thought of “will I even make it  past this year” has turned into “I have things to look forward to, and reasons to stay”.

this is a portion of my novel study reflection. I found that how relatable the book was turned out to be a joy and a curse at the same time. It made me question a lot about myself, like those reminders from my mom telling me that it will be difficult to exist as a trans man, wich was most certainly showcased at some parts of this book, but also showing me that it was possible. That you can be free.

free is a weird word. You can be free from a lot of things.

The definition of freedom gets the point across, but for me being free is almost a feeling. That feeling of weight lifting off your shoulders, those times where you are able to be your true self. And maybe I do feel freedom in a more defined sense. But who needs to follow a definition anyways.

WHY IS THERE YELLOW PAPER ON THE LIGHTS AND MEMORIALS.

Hello.
hi.
Were not gonna be talking about that title. You’ll get it later.

here’s me with my groups finished memorial and our timeline!
welcome back to another blog post! This one is in fact late, because I decided to procrastinate. This post is about our exhibition project, ology of apology.  The goal of this project was to create a memorial that would help with the apology of past wrongs. We also did a lot of learning about different memorials, their design, the planning, and what goes into a memorial.

Read more

Questions, questions, WHY SO MANY QUESTIONS?

Hello.
Welcome.

FIRST BLOG POST OF THE YEAR WOOOOOO!

Whelp now that we’ve got energy out, it is time to talk about our first humanities project of the grade 10 year. AkA, this is us.  I must say at the start of this project I was quite confused. We were told that we were going to be creating a human library, and that really confused me.

After that very confusing explanation we had to answer the question “why does it matter to think about who we are as Canadians?”

Read more

Another year, another tPOL

Hello and welcome or welcome back to my blog. It’s that time of year again. Yes, the one where we right extremely long blog posts picking apart my entire years work. Welcome to the tPOL of 2023. Dun dun dunnnnnnnn. As usual, the tPOL declaration thing must be said.

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am an expert in my own learning, I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.

Read more

Tacocat goat cheese pizza groundhog narwhal gorilla

Hi. Hola. Bonjour. Como estas. welcome back to another blog post.
This week on chaos blog posts, we have another project. For humanities. Who could have guessed? Totally not me. Never.

Board games. You’ve heard of them, you’ve played them, you’ve probably detested them at some point. When you were a child, did you ever try and make one? How did that go? Bad I would guess. Board games are complicated and hard to make. They require so much thinking and making, not to mention the hundreds of cards you need to cut out. That is a pain most will never have to experience. For this project we had to make a board game about nationalism.

Read more

Prince Charles has sausage fingers, and a recap of the year. (Mpol 2022/23

MPOLs are here much to our dismay.

Hello and welcome or welcome back to my blog! It’s that time of year again where I make a really long post about all of my leaning that I did. As per usual first we must state the following:

“Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

Read more

Don’t take 9th graders to Alberta. They will start to make stupid puns.

Hello. This is an automated message. Keira is unavailable at the moment, but I can lead you through this blog post if you like?
Ok.
‘TRANSMISSION COMPLETE’
My name is Feebee. I’m supposed to be the one who sends you those annoying spam emails. But today I’m going to be your guide.

Hello and welcome or welcome back to Keira’s blog. Since the start of the school year he has been very busy. In his humanities class him and the rest of his class went on a crazy trip, held a mini exhibition and caused mass chaos. He also stole rocks from multiple national parks. He wasn’t supposed to. ANNNYWAYYYSSSSSSS

Keira and the rest of his class on the field study be like

Read more

An episode of the Octonauts is the best reward for high school students

Did you know that all you need to do to motivate high school students is to bribe them with an episode of Octonauts? It’s a super simple, easy way to get your students to work faster!

Hello everybody and welcome back to my blog. If you’re new here, welcome to pure chaos and some really stupid titles. If you’ve been here before, welcome back! This post won’t be anything different from my other ones, though I seem to have grown more chaotic since last year so enjoy that. A note. As I am writing this my brother is using his tech deck and I want to take it and throw it off the roof.

The driving question for this project was “in what ways have human beings impacte the delicate cycles within oír local ecosystems and how can we lessen our impact?”