Comic Cells Summative Post

Introduction 📜

Hello there, this is our final summative project post of grade 8 this project was called comic cells. This was a part of my science and math course, but annoy science. This project was based on learning how diseases affect cells and learning about different cellular processes. This project driving question was “how do cells and disease interact?” 

What was this project all about❓

The main focus of this project was learning researching and showing cellular respiration or photosynthesis or how cells and disease interact. This would be implemented into a comic book at the end of the project.

Struggles and challenges 🔒 

There were a couple things I struggled on in this project, one of them was the actual drawing of the comic book. I am not a very skilled drawer and It was even harder to think of how the disease would look and how the white blood cells would look. The other thing I struggled on was finding out how my disease worked and how it hijacked a cell to reproduce. I was not working with a partner, which was a good thing. I prefer to work alone.

Competencies 🗒

Scientific communication: Communicate ideas findings and answers to problems using scientific language representations and digital technologies: this competencies was the main aspect of the project. to show a accomplished understanding of this. We had to show 3 detailed and accurate diagrams along side a minimum of 10 interesting scientific words and acute vocabulary. I made diagrams of cells labeled them and explained how and where my disease would infect the cell and how it would get to the nucleus so it could use its RNA.

Evaluating: demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of evidence: to show this we had to make the virus and cell interact in an accurate way and have symptoms logical outcomes of the disease we chose. I chose Ebola so I made my patient have stomach issues and eventually die due to the high death rate of Ebola. I also made it so Ebola would go into the blood stream and start internal bleeding. Which is a symptom of Ebola.

Questioning and predicting: demonstrate a sustained curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of personal interest. This competency was about using class time wisely and efficiently. Which I have been working on and getting better at. But this project was my best yet. The comic took awhile so if I didn’t use my class time I may not have finished it. 

What did this project include? 📄

Comic Book

this projects final product was a comic book with cells and diseases. I really liked the idea of Ebola so I went with that. It was a challenge but I succeeded.

The Deadly Ebola

Final thoughts

This was a great project to work on as our final project of the school year. I look forward to learning more about this topic more next year and after that.

Be the first to comment on "Comic Cells Summative Post"