Worldview!

Hello and welcome to blog! Today we will be talking about our most recent socials project about world view. During this project we talked a lot about the medieval and renaissance times and how a lot of things have changed since then.

We started off our learning process with a list of things we need to know about what world view is. Worldview, in simple terms is how you view certain world aspects! This can effect, and shape a person greatly. Most people in North America have what is called a western worldview.

After we spent some time learning about what a western worldview is, we were also introduced to the 7 aspects of worldview which are: Beliefs, Geography, Knowledge, Society, Economy, Values, and Time. Each of these aspects make up your worldview.

To better our understanding, we created a brain storm where we expanded our knowledge on each of the aspects of worldview. 

After gaining a decent amount of knowledge on worldview, we were introduced to a meme and museum project, based off those ‘how it started/how its going’ memes you can find on practically any social media. Something that were important to add to our memes was having clothing that gave off a meaning, while still keeping the portrait somewhat original.

For our milestone two assignment. We were told to create a collage that represented our worldview! Here is my collage:

After learning a significant amount about what worldview is, we began our discussions on medieval and renaissance times, while learning about this, we also learned a process of taking notes called cornell notes! A quick and fairly efficient way to take notes.

If you would like to learn more about Cornell notes, click this link!

After all this new knowledge, we finally started to talk about our museums! We were placed into worldview aspect groups and thats what our final portrait would be based around, the aspect you were grouped with. ( I got values.) For this portrait, we each had to choose a piece of art from either the medieval or renaissance times, I chose the renaissance era. Here is my picture!

Here’s what it looked like once I made some edits:

So much cooler, right? Along with this piece of art, we were also asked to create an artists statement. (Explaining why we made the changes we did.)

With all of that in place, we were finally ready to start up our museum. With that in mind, our little worldview aspect groups were decided further into DRIs, writers, art designers, room designers and Flex people. That’s how our museum came together!

This project taught us all about worldview, and how it changed over the course of time, a pretty cool project, if I do say so myself.

Thank you for reading!