Camp Capilano

Camp Capilano was my first small but experiencial PLP trip. From the start I was already intrigued when we were shown our first assignment. I could tell after that we all were exited to get working. The first assignments was to make a reality Tv intro. Sydney, Izzy, Spencer, and Kate were in my group for the first two projects. Our reality tv show was called gone wild which was about celebritys stuck in the woods. This assignments taught me a lot about how it’s important to use your surroundings to there fullest potential, how audio is as important as the visual, and that it’s important to write your ideas down and plan before you get right into the filming. I also learned from all of the projects that it is helpful if you split your time and the jobs amongst your group members to create the best project possible in the amount of time you have.

When we got to the camp after a quick hike we had lunch, then watched the videos. We got criteria on our videos and overall we didn’t do as well as we should of. Then we were on to the next project but this time there was no visuals so you had to work harder to make the listener understand the story your trying to portray. This time my group planned and focused on how we could make the audio more interesting. Sadly this project still wasn’t very good. The last project we did was making a podcast on identity. We had to think of something that happened to us that made us who we are today. Unlike the other two projects we got to pick our parntners. Me and Claire split up the work, discussed and wrote down ideas, had clear nice audio and music, and edited together till we were happy with the work we had done. Finally this project was a success and we both could be proud of our work.

I thought camp Capilano was a great way to start off the year and helped me learn what the teachers are looking for in my future work this year.