Kira’s blog

Hello!!!

Oregon advertising

This semester in school we were studying advertising. We learned what that meant, how to advertise and what the process was to create a  paper advertisement.

If you have seen my previous post: Deep Cove advertising I wrote about my classes first experience for advertising and making a print advertisement for a small town buissness that we were familiar with. The only difference between that project and this one was that we were traveling across the boarder into America to visit some buissness that we had never heard about before!

My group Matthew and the Mateus (Zoe, Matthew, Liam) as we named ourselves were assigned to a buissness called Nisa’s Thai https://m.facebook.com/

PLEASE VIST THEIR RESTURAUNT IF YOU ARE PASSING BY ITS AMAZING!!!

Our interview went pretty well and we all had our ideas about how we would lay out the advertisement, but everyone was pretty tired because we had a long day so the interview wasn’t as intriguing as the Deep Cove one. When I made my first draft it was horrible and I knew it! It was the exact opposite of what I had wanted it to be! There was no home connection and the ad just felt like it was missing something. I decided that in order to make this ad be successful I needed to do a full redo and bring in more colour! My second ad is below. This was for me a big step up and I now had something I could work off of. As you can see that I decided to change the colour to salmon, I re-thought the tag line and wording and added in their phone number and address. After some tweaking I came up with my final product or third draft. I personally think I came a long way from my first draft to my last and I think that the lesson I learnt that stood out to me the most was that no two ads are the same meaning that each draft had its own problem. In the end I feel that I could have done a bit better and I should have done better, but all in all I did really enjoy this project and plus who would say no to a delicious Thai meal!

• Receiving our medals and posing for a picture!

<script type=”text/javascript” id=”clstr_globe” src=”//cdn.clustrmaps.com/globe.js?d=Rvi17H3k5AJQfrtPe1s8NFw3d6d3xHdmrJsQccfveV8″></script>

Kira • November 5, 2018