Here’s My Canada

This year is Canada’s 150th anniversary. To help celebrate this, a contest was created called “Here’s My Canada” the goal was to make a video explaining what makes Canada special to you and what you think is special about Canada. The grand prize is a $5000 gift card to either Best Buy, Cineplex, or Air Canada.

I didn’t need to go out and film anything because this last Christmas and the Christmas before I went out and filmed some nature for youtube, you can watch those videos here. All I needed to do was get the clips together and edit it. I decided to use all nature shots to really bring out the beauty side of Canada to grab the viewers attention. I also decided to use extremely smooth shots so no one would get confused while watching it. I needed to use some copyright free music so I used some of my own original music I made a while back which you can listen to here.

When I was getting everything together in editing I really thought of what would intrigue the viewer the most and what would catch their eye. This isn’t my only video I will be entering into the contest, I will also enter a much more action packed video that I am definitely going to spend a lot more time on. Overall I think this contest is a great way to express how amazing Canada is while also getting the chance to win some amazing prizes!

You can check out Here’s My Canada here

and you can see my Here’s My Canada video here