My Future!

Recently in maker, we have been focussing on career life education. For our first task with this new unit, we were introduced to my blueprint, which is a website that helps you decide your future.

It inputs a database of careers, interests, and surveys that you can take through the website. For our first assignment with this new website, we were tasked with creating a three minute long keynote presentation, in which we would show our learning style and answer a certain amount a certain set of questions that would show our class what our future might end up being, we would also give the results of our surveys that we took using my blueprint.

We would also explain to the class what career we would want to enter and why. For my presentation I decided to go a little bit more freestyle, mostly because of the fact that I already know what I’m going to go into for post secondary education, and what I want my career to be.

One thing that I noticed when watching other peoples presentations is that they based what their career would be on what they were given on my blueprint, it was evident that a significant amount of the people in my class didn’t know exactly what they would go into for post secondary.

I’m very glad that we are doing my blueprint mostly because of the fact that other students in our class will be able to receive help in determining what their future might be. Obviously, as most of you that read my blog know, I am very interested in music and art I’ve also been looking at post secondary education opportunities and I have found a couple universities and schools that might appeal to me in the future. Using my blueprint you can also choose your courses that you were taking in school this year and next year to help you determine what would be a good opportunity for you in post secondary. I’m not quite sure why but a significant amount of my post secondary suggestions in my blueprint didn’t correspond with what I am actually interested in.

One of the surveys through my blueprint that I found to be the most accurate about me was the interest survey, I found it to be very similar in comparison to what my actual interests are in life.

I think self awareness plays a huge part in being successful in life, if you have the knowledge of what your passions are and pursue them daily then you are bound to be successful.

I would like to give a big thanks to Miss Willemse for showing us this really helpful website because I think that it will help not only me, but our entire class with determining what their future might be so that they can focus their classes around their interests for next year, where we are allowed to choose our own classes and courses.

I will definitely be using my blueprint in the future and will continue to use it now to help find my future in music art and film.