WWelcome back to another special weekly reflection post bloggers. If you remember last weeks post we mainly talked about our new project, The Greatest Canadian. If you haven’t read that post, I’d recommend reading it, but I can give you a small recap. We were basically asked “Who is the Greatest Canadian”, and are asked to base a podcast episode around who our pick is. During that post (which was about 2 weeks ago), we were just beginning and building our foundation to that project, and now we are coming into the last week of the project. Time moves quickly doesn’t it? 

This week was also very influential for the upcoming American election. As we know, many states are “Blue” meaning they support the Democratic Party, who’s candidate is Joe Biden. But there are states that are “Red”, meaning they support the Republican Party, who’s leader (who is also the current president of America), is Donald Trump. You could say that American is basically divided, so many platforms on social media, on the news, advertisements, and even in person are encouraging people to vote.

Celebrities are taking action, by voting and encouraging their fans to vote as well. Many celebrities you may know like Kendall Jenner, and Harry Styles are supporting this movement, along with Black Lives Matter and many more. 

But not only people that get played on the radio everyday, or model for Gucci are supporting this, many great Canadians are doing this as well. As an example, Amaal Nuux, a Somalian-Toronto based R&B artist, is doing the same. You don’t have to be known well to participate in what you believe in. Many people for this “Greatest Canadian” project are choosing famous, famous people, but I chose someone that I wanted to share to the world that we should be listening to these people as well.

In my podcast episode, you’ll be hearing all about what this Amaal girl is like, her music, her impact on Canada, and I’ll be putting her in the spotlight for all of you. You can listen to her on Spotify, Apple Music, or wherever you listen and stream your music! She talks about embracing your sexuality, being a part of the LGBTQ+ community, and movements like BLM and voting. If you want to hear more about this topic, please check out my first podcast episode coming sooner than you think. My podcast is called Turn it Up, and its all about the latest in music, music going down in history, upcoming artists, and underrated musicians. Everything about music essentially. 

We will be posting our episodes by this week, so be sure to keep an eye out for Turn it Up: Episode 1.