For the past few weeks of humanities we have been working on preparing and writing an in class synthesis essay. What’s a synthesis essay you may ask, well it is a essay that draws from 1 or more sources. The Driving question we had to answer in our essays was “ How do authours use text to teach us about ourselves.”

For our sources we read 2 books Simon vs the Homo sapiens agenda and, Persepolis. After reading our first group we had the assignment to make a book trailer.

During the process of making the trailer we had to go back and look at our notes from the book. Doing that i got a lot of ideas on how I was going to answer the driving question.

What I think is the most important part for preparing for an in class essay is planning, because it helps you get a feel for how you actual essay will go. For our in class essay we were given a guideline for an essay outline.

The most difficult step was creating a thesis that was the right length and covered my 3 main points. I struggled the wording of it and making it work within my writting.

My biggest strength in writting is being able to explain and support my ideas strongly in minimal text. I am good and know how to word sentences that support my idea or point, by also using quotes and statistics to support.

Synthesis essay

Overall, I am proud of my essay and how it all came together. Moving forwards one aspect of my writting I need to continue to work on is my repetition. I tend to be very repetitive especially when I am stuck and I can’t figure out what I need to write.

Feel free to comment about my essay!