SLC

So this is more of a reflecting post looking back on my biggest achievements in PLP this year.

My first part will be reflecting on destination imagination, a large competition for kids from all over to complete and present a large group project that we had done under a chosen category. Me and my groups category was fine arts because I love art and preforming very much and I thought that it would be a great fit for me. The base of our challenge was to create a play about what would happen if one colour disappeared from the world and the effects that it would have on the world. The colour that we chose was yellow witch happens to be a primary colour. This was a setback for our group because just after we had it all figured out we realized that colours mixed with yellow would change to! Thankfully we figured out a solution and we’re ready for the presentation Unfortunately I couldn’t be there for the actual presentations us to a horse riding competition but when the group present we had a bit of a technical difficulty with our disappearing act. But even though this happened we pulled through and we’re proud of our end result as a group.

For the next project I’ll be talking about is my growth mind set unit . To me this was a very important unit because it was very interesting and I was really making connections through the whole time with my horse riding because before learni g about mindset I was pretty hard on myself and sometimes doubting my abilities as a rider. So after we learned about topics like goal setting and that failing only makes you stronger I really forced myself to believe that . I think that this even helped me a lot in my horse show and even just grow from as a rider. So to wrap up this unit we had to do a selfie project! We would take a picture of our selfs and make a poster out of it that has our long term goal on it. My personal goal was to be more self motivated and complete homework efficiently .this is so something I am still working on but am continuing to improve.

My last topic will be the Oregon trip! This was definitely a highlight of PLP for me and I was such a fun trip to go on! We stayed there for a week and did many adventurous things like climb a big colom and visit many beaches along the way. But during this time we were still in the middle of our advertising unit so we wanted to incorporate that the best we could into the trip. So we had been put in groups and created ads for some of the cool businesses and destinations  in Oregon. The ad that I was definitely the most proud of was the one of canon Beach. I can’t even begin to describe how much I loved it there it was so beautiful and I instantly fell in love with the place So I wanted to make the best ad that I could to really showcase its beauty. I am proud of this ad and fell like it uses some of the techniques that we have learned about.

.