Kira’s blog

Hello!!!

Religious world view: part one, the poster & slideshow

Hello everybody!

This is PART ONE of my PLP project on religious world view! My grades topic this year for Humanities was about religious world view! We actually did a project prior to the exhibition and it was about our own world view (here’s the link). Religious worldview is such a big topic that we were tackling! But let me break it down for you, the first thing we did was learn about all the major religions. We studied about Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Sikhism and Muslim! Once we got a brief understanding of each of these religions we went more in depth with one and were sorted into groups (Lauren, Brenton, Ben). My group and I were assigned Buddhism! This was when we started our actual project, on religious world view. For this project we had to create a poster explaining the basic founding facts of our religion and a slide show of all the religious sites we saw. I really enjoyed going to these sites because we could actually meet people who followed a certain religion, it made the learning feel more real rather than reading about the religion from a text book.

Here is the slideshow:

The poster:

This was our first draft! Everyone was feeling pretty confident about it but as the time progressed our drafts later on would slowly fall down.

This was our second draft! 

As you can see we deleted ALL of our text on the poster! We went from one extreme (too crowded) to the other extreme (too sparse)! Our just didn’t look right! It had too much white space, (typos) oops, and pictures that looked out of place!

This was our third draft!

Our poster had improved we had better, layout and pictures (except for the bottom right haha)! But by now everyone was losing hope in our poster we were now facing a text problem since none of the text could fit on our poster! No matter what we changed the poster still looked the same. We realized by now that we had to completely re-do our poster.

This was our final draft!

As you can see this was SO much better not only did everything match but we had the perfect balance of colour, text, drawings and originality! I was actually really proud of our poster because I felt that my group and I in the end created a poster that really helped explain our religion!

Slide of all the posters:

Everyone learnt so much from our first draft to our last draft! The one thing I took away is that sometimes you just have to do a total re-haul and try something different, and that’s exactly what my group and I did! Next time if I do something like this again I will definitely have more than one draft so me and my group have lots of backup ideas if one fails! In summary:  I enjoyed making the poster so much because I personally really like doing design and art so it was like a fun activity! I also liked making the slideshow we presented on religion but since we had to choose one topic (architecture, art, language) it really restricted my photo choices and there were some photos I wanted to put in my slideshow. This was such a great way to learn about religion because 1. I learned A LOT! 2. I really enjoyed it and if someone enjoy learning then everything is not “homework” but stuff you actually want to do!

Bye for now!

Kira!

Kira • January 11, 2019