Argh Matey! A pirate blog post.

Hello people!

For this blog post, I will be talking about the 15th century in Europe.  I have been learning about pirates and European exploration.   After finishing this project, I have learnt a lot about the history of the country I live in.  Sit back, relax, and I hope you enjoy.

Driving question: What were the cause and consequences of European Exploration.

The first thing that we learnt about was the triangle trade between Europe, Africa and North America.   When North America learnt about the new land in the west they instantly started setting up trade routes between them.  North America would trade to Europe, giving them things such as sugar and tobacco.  Europe would then give Africa some of their new technology that they discovered.   Europe also steal people from Africa to bring them to North America to harvest the new crops they discovered.

For our final project we had to create a story about a person that was either a pirate or related to pirates going to North America to explore the “new world.”  It also had to be historical fiction so it had to be somewhat realistic.  I decided to create my story about a man named Francis Drake.  He was a British captain that use to trade slaves to North America before being ordered by the queen to attack Spain as a pirate.

After all that, what were the cause and consequences of world exploration?