Impact! Spring Exhibition Post!

Hello people!

Recently we had a PLP spring exhibition!  I learnt some new things and met new people.

Driving question:  What is a PLP learner?

During the exhibition, one main thing I did was branching out to the grade 9s.  The grade 9s were in charge of planning out the exhibition for us.  Since it was a split project between them, I got to interact so that I could carry out their plans.

When you walked into our part of the exhibition, you would be greeted by a Julien and Caitlin. They would explain each stations and where to start.

I was in the instant challenge section, it was a Destination Imagination game that we decided to do because it required you needed to have good collaboration and communication skills.  We had to make a cup pyramid in the fastest amount of time by pulling on strings connected to a rubber band in the middle to pick up things.

The next station was reflection.  Nolan was in charge of basically explaining how a PLP learner would reflect on what they just did.  They had to judge how well the communicated, collaborates thought.

The third station was the sticky notes challenge.  You basically would have to write down on sticky note on what they thought was a PLP learner.

(Don’t have photo)

After that was the Dungeon of Documentaries.  I don’t really know a lot about it but the grade 9s recently did a project on creating their own mini films.  They were allowed to do any topic they wanted so it was interesting seeing the grade 9s hobbies and talents.

The last station was the Hall of Hard Works.  It showed the projects we were proud of and not so proud of.  At the end, Xander was handing out skittles to represent “rainbows”.

I also got to choose to display some of my work that I wanted to show.  I decided to show 2 pieces of work to show my growth through the year.  The first one was a scratch game with very little gameplay that was supposed to be my first prototype.  Then I showed my full game and explained why I am proud of this using an artist statement.  To shows of my games, I used a website to create QR codes so that the guests could try them out themselves.

What is a PLP learner?

A PLP learner is a hard working and collaborative person that learns through project based learning. When faced with difficult tasks they always persevere through hardships.  They are also not scared of failing because they know that through failing, they learn how to do better.

Thanks for reading!

-Chris