🌊 Loon Lake Learning Advance

PLP 8 and 9 got the opportunity to go on our first-ever overnight, multi-day Learning Advance (because we never retreat) at Loon Lake Lodge and Retreat Advance Centre in Maple Ridge. We had a ton of fun, strengthened our teamwork and learned a lot!

While on this Advance we created a book filled with photos, videos, reflections and more. My book has been embedded below, just click to open:

Below are some of my favourite images from the learning advance:

I quite enjoyed the majority of this trip. The following is some reflections on the trip, but make sure to read the book (embedded at the top of this post) for all the reflections!  

I was hoping to improve my time management and teamwork skills on this trip, and I did get to know some of my peers better, but I also made a discovery: I really need to get better at time management. While on the Learning Advance, I missed a bunch of French classes and had to try and catch up on the work… but then I got sick. So then I had to try do my other class work independently and at home on top of the French work… and that did not go as well as I had hoped. I learned from that experience that I need to keep working on my time management skills.

I continued developing my Collaboration, Critical and Reflective Thinking, and Communication through activities like Laser Tag, Battle Archery and Shelter Building. 

I enjoyed getting to get to know some of my peers and some of the grade 8s that I don’t usually talk with much better on the Learning Advance. 

A big thank you to our teachers and the Loon Lake, Stellar Play, and Wild & Immersive staff who made this trip so awesome!

I loved the trip and I’m glad to here that according to Loon Lake’s Instagram, they loved having us there too! (They shared the post I made to their Story with the text “We loved having this group at Loon Lake!”)

The kitchen staff put a lot of hard work into making us delicious food everyday, and the Stellar Play staff facilitated the awesome games of Battle Archery and Laser Tag. Wild & Immersive staff taught us how to make some super cool and effective shelters!

Make sure to watch the video/trailer of the trip in the book or below:

Thanks for reading! ✌️

One thought on “🌊 Loon Lake Learning Advance